• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What would you want from the new stadium?

Not personally, no. It wouldn't apply to me, I'm an office administrator, part time (though at 38 hours a week, feels like full time), and hourly paid, but I could imagine it being very appealing to those in their 30s or 40s on better wages than me.
I’m so confused. He wants to put prices up?! Thought it was about the fans...

On a serious note I don’t want the club to go down this path of making it more expensive for fans that I fear will happen. The club will lose its traditional supporters and I fear the new stadium, although needed, will be used as an excuse to do just this.

Last edited:
I'd like Friday night games to be regular thing because it always seems such a better atmosphere for some reason.

I'm going to guess not. Listening to Darragh Mccantony last week, he said the cost of having undersoil heating installed is around £750k, then around £5k a day for every day that it's in use (heating cost)
Agree.

It's probably more cost effective to hire/buy industrial heaters/lamps/covers etc for the few weeks in a season that its actually required.

I'd like Friday night games to be regular thing because it always seems such a better atmosphere for some reason.
Personally I hate Friday night matches. I know I'm in a very small minority, but getting from home, near Watford, round the M25 and down the A127 on a Friday evening is a nightmare. And before anyone says I should use the train, we've had that discussion before. Suffice it to say I've looked into it, but it just isn't practical.

Just looked at the plans. Away fans do have 4 concession areas so let's extract as much money as we can. We should and can ask them what they want food and beer wise.
The plans also show a TV studio.
Agree entirely with Scott. Club needs to engage fans. Some fantastic ideas.
The club won’t engage with anyone if (and it is a BIG if) we ever see a new stadium built - the “powers that be” think they are above listening to the great unwashed like us and whatever happens, it will be their way or no way. 🤔

On top of the good things already mentioned, especially some sort of museum dedicated to Roots Hall, I'd like there to be something that fans can purchase like a engraved brick or something that's placed on the fans walkway or one of the walls of the ground itself.

You should also be able to purchase your old seat from RH, I know many other clubs have done this in the past.
Mate of mine during Spurs last season at White Hart Lane took a screwdriver into the ground for the last few games and unscrewed his seat a little at a time until the final match v Man U there he just undid it completely and walked out with it.

Something possibly worth bearing in mind as I doubt anyone behind the scenes has the business acumen to even think about selling off old seats and making the club a few extra quid 🤔

Mate of mine during Spurs last season at White Hart Lane took a screwdriver into the ground for the last few games and unscrewed his seat a little at a time until the final match v Man U there he just undid it completely and walked out with it.

Something possibly worth bearing in mind as I doubt anyone behind the scenes has the business acumen to even think about selling off old seats and making the club a few extra quid 🤔
On the contrary, it's something that's been part of their plans for years - or at least, had been.

I’ll leave mine in the back garden so the local seagulls can continue to crap on it.

Talking about the museum is there still the sign in the North Bank staying words to the effect donated by T E Grant and also the sign saying something along the lines of stand erected by Boulton and Paul.

On the contrary, it's something that's been part of their plans for years - or at least, had been.
Maybe but we are talking Southend here.

Lots of big talk or plans actually coming to fruition? Two different things entirely as has been proven all too often throughout the years 🤔

Hammer it home, they'll probably forget otherwise, or just ignore the fans wants apu.
I don't think so. It's effectively free money, isn't it? It's something I'm certainly going to make sure they keep on the agenda!

I know it's miles away but if we get FF built before RH demolition those fans with an interest in the history of RH get into every nook and cranny and remove everything of value historical or at least mark it for careful removal by the demolishers. Some things like the plaque over the Shrimpers bar are obvious but there might be other treasures lurking in the building.

Back