• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

what you want to happen in january (realistlic)

I wouldnt like that at all. I would like him to stay till jan and if he moves he moves. We paid 25k for barney so we wont be losing any money and he is not on amazing money at southend due to his contract being agreed when he was a relative unkown at league level.

Seriously say we got 250k for him would the money if any of it go to tilson for rebuilding? And if so who is going to want to come here thats any good in our current predicament for that kind of money?

We would end up losing our only goal scorer and would not have the funds or pulling power to replace him. Im my eyes that would be suicidal.

Who knows by the end of the season the ground may be about to start funds may be released and the club a much better prospect to entice barny and others to sign/re-sign.

I guess what it really comes down to is:
  • how much we would get
  • the cost of relegation, if you think that is the likely outcome
  • who we could get in as a replacement

I guess what it really comes down to is:
  • how much we would get
  • the cost of relegation, if you think that is the likely outcome
  • who we could get in as a replacement

200k at most
the cost of relegation would be massive (particuarly in seaso sales)
I would wager that 200k would not be for new players so a freebie or aloanee

keep him I say

I want to see some team spirit returning, so I want players that will work together. Things look to me to have become a bit fragmented out there. I want to see someone come in with that special spark of magic to bring the fans back to Roots Hall to enjoy their football again, like with Freddy most recently. I don't care what position they play but they need that special something.

Three players in for me, whether that includes the above is irrelevant - a central defender (at least one, and preferably to the end of the season minimum), although two would be better, and if two good ones came in then we wouldn't need a left back, which we do at present cos Adam could move there. The other one is a foil for Barney. I don't believe he's going to go this month, this will be another Peter Clarke scenario.

We need to sort out the midfield as well, so people know their roles. I have no idea if any of them will go, there are obviously rumours about both Macca and Moussa, but I don't actually think we need anyone in, we have enough quality in house it just needs developing.

I would let Wycombe have Betsy.
I would have Revell back as a squad player and get rid of Freedman (if anyone will have him).
Assuming Malone and Morrison go back to clubs and no-one is sold, then I think we need to sign (even if its just on loan) a LB, CD (Mvoto if fit?), a left-winger and a goal-scoring forward.
We need a creative central midfielder too but we're overloaded with central midfielders and I still have hope that Moussa can fill that role.
That would give us a squad of 20 which IMO is the bare minimum. It just about gives us enough so that we can play people in their preferred positions.

After a lot of reflection, I think that would like to see, by the end of January, is a squad in place that can comfortably keep us in this League, so that I don't have to resort to seeing my doctor, during April, with a sress-related illness.

After a lot of reflection, I think that would like to see, by the end of January, is a squad in place that can comfortably keep us in this League, so that I don't have to resort to seeing my doctor, during April, with a sress-related illness.

Yogi,
Hear,hear.Hopefully with Barney and Macca.If without, then with adequate replacements brought in and signed up!

I noticed a couple of former Tilson (rumoured) targets mentioned on SSN last night.
Jason Jarrett been released from his contract and is free to persue other options.
Richard Butcher transfer listed by Lincoln City.

Neither particularly exciting names, but maybe our kind of level of current targets?

On Loan
A left winger
A Striker
A left back
And a new CB if Morrison goes back to swindon

And out - Besty to Wycombe, Barney to be sold aswell.

Last edited:
Back