• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

what you want to happen in january (realistlic)

coluwho?

Schoolboy

i was thinking instead of spending a lot of money (which would really never happen) why not sign a few youth player on loan like

Robert Briggs – under 20 international – Fulham
Robert milsom – do not need to explain
jay Emanuel Thomas - was loaned to Blackpool – arsenal
nacer barizte – not getting first team – unlikely
Stephen o’hollaran – astopn villa – was on loan at Swansea
dorian dervite – no first team – no other reason needed
Daniel ayala – Liverpool
Stephen darby – Liverpool
Daniel pacheo - liverpool
alex nimely – man city - goalscorer
corry evans – johnny’s brother – man united

cheap wage and no fee most of these do need expierience to either get in first team or try and get a contract to stay at their parent club

and also izzy iriekpen has no club

We were waiting 2 hours for Irikepen to drive down to sign an agreed contract in the summer, but he was driving towards scotland to sign up there. We won't be signing him in a hurry.

Dervitte isn't allowed out on loan by spurs.

Milsom - Definitely had someone on the teamsheet with that name last season, but I can't remember anyone ever turning up on the pitch.

The rest, it's up to the prem club really - if they loan out and don't charge wages they call all the shots.

After the apparent antics of Iriekpen and his agent here last summer it's no surprise he is without a club, and I doubt if Tilly will go there again.

As far as signings are concerned being realistic there will only be loanees coming in, I can't see any permanent deals happening.

Realistically

Two loanees in, who no one has ever mentioned on here before
Betsy and Revell Loaned out or sold (and possibly Walker)
A couple of youngsters loaned out or possibly unloaded permanently
General cost cutting all round whilst we pick up 27 points from the remaining 66 on offer and manage to stay in the division.
Hardly inspiring but it aint administration.

Realistically

Two loanees in, who no one has ever mentioned on here before
Betsy and Revell Loaned out or sold (and possibly Walker)
A couple of youngsters loaned out or possibly unloaded permanently
General cost cutting all round whilst we pick up 27 points from the remaining 66 on offer and manage to stay in the division.
Hardly inspiring but it aint administration.

That and hopefully the retirement of Freedman.

Apparently Mvoto is training with the squad again.

I would like a swap deal with Swindon, Morrison for Revell. (Although ideally i'd like both.)

I can also see Barney on his way out. His agent is working hard on his behalf to get him a move. The question is what do we do? He'll leave on a free in the summer. If we sell him now at least we get some money, and potentially some further add ons. That really is a difficult one. It really depends on who we can bring in as a replacement.

personnally that Ron manages to get top dollar from Sainsbury's for the car park and that cash flow problems end. And that an amount is sensibly invested in key areas in the team.

Apparently Mvoto is training with the squad again.

I would like a swap deal with Swindon, Morrison for Revell. (Although ideally i'd like both.)

I can also see Barney on his way out. His agent is working hard on his behalf to get him a move. The question is what do we do? He'll leave on a free in the summer. If we sell him now at least we get some money, and potentially some further add ons. That really is a difficult one. It really depends on who we can bring in as a replacement.

It won't happen, Swindon don't want Revs & he's just a bench warmer!! Shame as Morrison looks a good prospect, which Swindon know & why they won't part with him!

Players I would nick from Div 2, Townsends & a winger whose name I've forgotten at Cheltenham. Also, Cansdell-Sherriff at Shrewsbury. Townsend & Cansdell-Sherriff are both quality defenders & young. I would doubt Townsend would cost much due to Cheltenham's money worries & Cansdell-Sherriff might not be too bad either.

Can't say I've seen much elsewhere that I would realistically expect to sign!

Unrealistically, I would like to see RM sell his shares to a consortium!

If we lose Barnard then Chris Holroyd of Cambridge would not be a bad replacement. Locally based and scoring for fun for Cambridge.

Excatly londonblue, it will be sad to see barnard go but i'd rather him leave in January and we get some money, rather than him going free in the summer, that would really **** me off

I wouldnt like that at all. I would like him to stay till jan and if he moves he moves. We paid 25k for barney so we wont be losing any money and he is not on amazing money at southend due to his contract being agreed when he was a relative unkown at league level.

Seriously say we got 250k for him would the money if any of it go to tilson for rebuilding? And if so who is going to want to come here thats any good in our current predicament for that kind of money?

We would end up losing our only goal scorer and would not have the funds or pulling power to replace him. Im my eyes that would be suicidal.

Who knows by the end of the season the ground may be about to start funds may be released and the club a much better prospect to entice barny and others to sign/re-sign.

I'd like to travel to Barkingside for a Step 5 match, find that admission is free, and then find that one of the players had bought me a bacon roll.

Hmmmm, that's not realistic, is it .....

If we lose Barnard then Chris Holroyd of Cambridge would not be a bad replacement. Locally based and scoring for fun for Cambridge.

West Ham have two very decent forward players on the fringe of the first team.

Franck Nouble who they signed from Chelsea despite them wanting to keep him. Another is a former Tottenham trainee Terry Dixon, very highly rated so my mates tell me.

After the way in which Stanislas excelled here and then made an instant impact on the West Ham first team, I can see Tilly maybe sealing a loan deal there.

I'd really like to see 2-3 new strikers come in, strikers that are actually capable of scoring. A creative midfielder.

Someone in the Sawyer mould.

Also a winger, someone with blistering pace and the ability to cross a ball. Failing that, a new RB in order to let Simon Francis push forward on the right hand side of midfield

I'd really like to see 2-3 new strikers come in, strikers that are actually capable of scoring. A creative midfielder.

Someone in the Sawyer mould.

Also a winger, someone with blistering pace and the ability to cross a ball. Failing that, a new RB in order to let Simon Francis push forward on the right hand side of midfield

franno has played right midfield many times and been a pile of poop, he attacks well from deep in the right back slot, on the wing he is garbage, agreed on the winger front and a well behaved lee sawyer would be good

franno has played right midfield many times and been a pile of poop, he attacks well from deep in the right back slot, on the wing he is garbage, agreed on the winger front and a well behaved lee sawyer would be good

Didn't he start off life as a winger though? :unsure:

I do recall him playing midfield, but i don't remember how good his display(s) was/were though. He is one of the best crossers of the ball at the club, has pace and generally skips down the line very well. We have (in theory) a very talented attacking player, something we lack at present. If i was Tilly i'd be telling RM to add a new RB to the list, and take Franno back to old days and convert him into an out and out winger. Like i said he has the attributes, all he needs is the experience

Back