• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Now we're in League One, we've got plenty to look forward to yet at the same time there might be a few fixtures in League Two that people, for whatever reason, will be sad to have lost. So, one of each please...

League One - Sheffield United. Grand old club, big stadium

League Two - Barnet. Very easy journey for me, would have been good to have seen Southend take over their tiny stadium

Barnet were the first thing that came to my mind too. Got a lot of happy memories of playing them and I would like to go to their new ground.

I'm looking forward to going to Coventry for some reason.

Looking forward to - Big clubs and stadiums like Sheffield United, better football.
Miss - Away days in the South, only 4 next season. Barry Corr.

Looking forward to:

Col Ewe- Obvious reasons
Having 4 greater Manchester clubs- a few guys from the club I was involved with in Australia live in Oldham and we will have a good night out at Bredbury Hall in Stockport (if you are single and have never been, you need to go!).
Swindon- Another one for the night out, a row of cheap bars with ridiculous drink deals with a Travellodge at the end of the road. Sometimes these obscure little towns surprise you for a night out.

Miss:

I really can’t think of anything

Looking forward to Sheffield United, Wigan and Peterborough (only new grounds for me) and obviously Col U, hopefully a better standard of football to!

I'll miss Portsmouth - 6 points every time

Barnet were the first thing that came to my mind too. Got a lot of happy memories of playing them and I would like to go to their new ground.

I'm looking forward to going to Coventry for some reason.

I went to see Lincoln play at Barnet a couple of years ago - good laugh. Only one stand worthy of the name, but terracing behind the goals and a very decent bar.

Might try and get to Cov, if they are going well could be a decent crowd, good atmosphere etc. Which hopefully we will deflate by thrashing them 3-0.

Looking forward to bigger clubs. Bigger stadiums that I never got to go to last time in League 1 and Championship cos I lived abroad.

Miss - The 1 mile walk from my house to Wimbledons stadium. Portsmouth games.

Farmers away - give the boy his first taste of an Essex derby.
Cov away - can walk to ground from the old man's house.
Millwall away - where I can wave 'nicely' to my few Lions muckers.......

Looking forward to Sheffield Utd away
Will miss going to Daggers, great away stand in an otherwise poor stadium

Cov away, my nearest away game.
Col Ewe at home, have to make the trip unless it's at a stupid time.

Looking forward to Sheff Utd and Coventry, two grounds that I have never visited.

Sorry not to be going to Dagenham, nearest ground and nice stand for away supporters.

Now we're in League One, we've got plenty to look forward to yet at the same time there might be a few fixtures in League Two that people, for whatever reason, will be sad to have lost. So, one of each please...

League One - Sheffield United. Grand old club, big stadium

League Two - Barnet. Very easy journey for me, would have been good to have seen Southend take over their tiny stadium

Their new ground isn't so small.

I'm looking forward to Sheffield United, Coventry & Wigan most of all

Will miss the close ones, as others have mentioned, Daggers, Orient etc.

Looking forward to Colchester, Sheffield United and Wigan in that order. Won't miss Matt Harold and the Creepies.

missing Accrington away - the greyhound pub - £1:37 a pint :'(

Looking forward to better atmosphere from away support rather than the 28 fans from Morecambe

Walsall and Coventry, and hopping they are big midweek
Not really missing anything as for e past several seasons I have only been to a handful of games.

Back