• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TMWLT

Banned
the lack of response to the whereabouts to the levy brothers, makes me wonder how many of the others still follow the shrimpers.

this time we looking at scruffy previously mentioned and mr kidney transplant

first off scruffy, he worked at peachys in basildon, and used to do unspeakable things with the melons, which then got sealed back together and put on sale, so if you lived in basildon during the early 80s and bought fresh melons then make sur you spat the seed out.

anyway he made the news in themid 80s when we was caught stealing from a house in basildon, appraently the woman was in the bath, and he took the opportunity to rifle through her possesions she came out the bath and caught him!!! when it came to court he admitted he stealed to get money to support the blues!!!!! top man. He also called everyone dave like trigger in only fools and horses. we last saw him after hartlepool away when we lost 2-0 in 1985?? we came back overnight on the rapide coach, which left hartlepool at 23.00pm except that about 2215pm he walked out into a pitch black night, pouring down, and has never been seen since!!!

mr kidney transplant a very nice chap, who used to follow the blues away taking his portable diaylis machine with him, he was a known sight on the highways and byeways tootling his little trailer behind him did he get his transplant ?? anyone know

the lack of response to the whereabouts to the levy brothers, makes me wonder how many of the others still follow the shrimpers.

this time we looking at scruffy previously mentioned and mr kidney transplant

first off scruffy, he worked at peachys in basildon, and used to do unspeakable things with the melons, which then got sealed back together and put on sale, so if you lived in basildon during the early 80s and bought fresh melons then make sur you spat the seed out.

anyway he made the news in themid 80s when we was caught stealing from a house in basildon, appraently the woman was in the bath, and he took the opportunity to rifle through her possesions she came out the bath and caught him!!! when it came to court he admitted he stealed to get money to support the blues!!!!! top man. He also called everyone dave like trigger in only fools and horses. we last saw him after hartlepool away when we lost 2-0 in 1985?? we came back overnight on the rapide coach, which left hartlepool at 23.00pm except that about 2215pm he walked out into a pitch black night, pouring down, and has never been seen since!!!

mr kidney transplant a very nice chap, who used to follow the blues away taking his portable diaylis machine with him, he was a known sight on the highways and byeways tootling his little trailer behind him did he get his transplant ?? anyone know

I would love to know what happened to the legendary Tango Man that proudly showed of his Southend tatooed belly at away games

There was one guy who we used to call "trainspotter" in the early 80's who would travel by train everywhere and then stand at the end of the platform collecting the numbers while waiting for his train home. Remember him at one ground that had a railway line nearby, everytime a train was heard he dashed off to the corner of the ground to get his numbers - not worrying about the Mighty Shrimpers who were playing at the time !!

There was one guy who we used to call "trainspotter" in the early 80's who would travel by train everywhere and then stand at the end of the platform collecting the numbers while waiting for his train home. Remember him at one ground that had a railway line nearby, everytime a train was heard he dashed off to the corner of the ground to get his numbers - not worrying about the Mighty Shrimpers who were playing at the time !!

I think I know who you mean and I can also recall this character. Don'tknow what happened to him and have not seen him around for ages

We have TMWLT on here, same person maybe ?

I would love to know what happened to the legendary Tango Man that proudly showed of his Southend tatooed belly at away games
Last I heard Tango Man had stopped going to football cos one of his children was extremly ill and he didnt want to leave him. He used to live in the southchurch area but hasnt been seen round that way for a few years

I think I know who you mean and I can also recall this character. Don'tknow what happened to him and have not seen him around for ages

No he doesn't go anymore, gave up watching Southend to run the Essex branch of the Cliff Richard fan club and spends all his money buying old Pet Shop Boys stuff on eBay.:)

I remember Shadwell - he was at pretty much every away game I went to in the late 90s/early 00s (which admittedly wasn't many) armed with a Welsh flag. I also bumped into him on the London Underground a few years back. I didn't recognise him at first but he saw I was wearing a Southend shirt and stopped me for a chat, and at that point I realised it was him.

Really friendly guy, if somewhat eccentric. It must be strange for him being so out of the loop during our recent era of success but I hope he still gets to see us occasionally.

Tango man

Tango man is still around and is fine. He still lives near the Kursaal with his wife and children, plus big dog.

Back