• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whatever Happened To The Old Leigh Bands?

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
My fellow 'Zoners,

I am gathering together information about bands that were formed from people who lived in Leigh-on-Sea from the late 20th Century to the current day for a radio show or shows to be broadcast on 'Ship Full Of Bombs - Thames Delta Independent Music Radio Station.'

We'd also love any anecdotes about gigs at The Grand, on The Bembridge (or Lady Saville before then) and any other music venues around Leigh - but nothing defamatory about any individuals please.

Please post here or e-mail me via robnoxious@btinternet.com ... there's also a Facebook page just started about it, so pop by sometime if you please. > http://www.facebook.com/friends/req...ppened-To-The-Old-Leigh-Bands/610146122333755

Cheers. Keep it Leigh!

And if anyone knows what happened to Ardanfast - featuring Colin Blackaby and Andrew Eglinton (two Blues fans who I haven't seen in years) - then please get in touch.

My fellow 'Zoners,

I am gathering together information about bands that were formed from people who lived in Leigh-on-Sea from the late 20th Century to the current day for a radio show or shows to be broadcast on 'Ship Full Of Bombs - Thames Delta Independent Music Radio Station.'

We'd also love any anecdotes about gigs at The Grand, on The Bembridge (or Lady Saville before then) and any other music venues around Leigh - but nothing defamatory about any individuals please.

Please post here or e-mail me via robnoxious@btinternet.com ... there's also a Facebook page just started about it, so pop by sometime if you please. > http://www.facebook.com/friends/req...ppened-To-The-Old-Leigh-Bands/610146122333755

Cheers. Keep it Leigh!

Went to one there and apart from it involving heavy cigar smoke, the rustling of a shell suit and being choked by what appeared to be an uncooked Cumberland sausage that exploded in my mouth I can't remember too much.

Went to one there and apart from it involving heavy cigar smoke, the rustling of a shell suit and being choked by what appeared to be an uncooked Cumberland sausage that exploded in my mouth I can't remember too much.

Fantastic! If you can remember it, then you weren't there maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Fabtastic news from Graeme Douglas who is happy to meet with the WHTTOLB? radio production crew for an interview for the show that we are planning to make! Graeme is from Chalkwell - so meets the Leigh criteria - and was guitarist with The Kursaal Flyers before joining Eddie & The Hot Rods in '77. Here's Graeme with the song he co-wrote with Ed Hollis for The Rods, their biggest hit if memory serves? Graeme is on the far right with the white scarf. And at the risk of sounding somewhat fawning, what a great record this still is! > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Krqvmk4eD30

Fabtastic news from Graeme Douglas who is happy to meet with the WHTTOLB? radio production crew for an interview for the show that we are planning to make! Graeme is from Chalkwell - so meets the Leigh criteria - and was guitarist with The Kursaal Flyers before joining Eddie & The Hot Rods in '77. Here's Graeme with the song he co-wrote with Ed Hollis for The Rods, their biggest hit if memory serves? Graeme is on the far right with the white scarf. And at the risk of sounding somewhat fawning, what a great record this still is! > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Krqvmk4eD30

I think that and "Quit this Town" were their only chart successes

Back