• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whatever happened to.....?

Puts my ad-verbatum knowledge of the 12" b-side of The Young Ones "Living Doll" into perspective really. Scary but sometimes bits of the script just come floating back into my mind!

I'm yet to find anyone who can recite this:

Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm

Devolve? How very dare you! The Chris Claremont X-Men's are stupendous and I've still got a run from about 110 - 230 odd.

Oh come now you can hardly compare the amusing yet light tosh of Inferno or Morlock Masequre , to Grant Morrisons revolutionary run.

Still at least it wasnt Mark Miller !

YOu see i loved Tom BAker as well , but David Tennant well has taken over as the best Doctor

Oh come now you can hardly compare the amusing yet light tosh of Inferno or Morlock Masequre , to Grant Morrisons revolutionary run.

Still at least it wasnt Mark Miller !

YOu see i loved Tom BAker as well , but David Tennant well has taken over as the best Doctor

The Sentinels is where it's at mate, number 150(ish) where Kitty Pride watches all the older X-Men die....

I'm quite astonished that the films didn't use the Sentinels...

I didn't see the Grant Morrisson ones TBH : I got a bit fed up of superhero comics and moved onto DC Vertigo stuff: Hellblazer, Sandman, Animal Man.... Still got those ones as well :)

;) Did I mention I made a playlist of all my fav. Snow Patrol songs on my Itunes the other day.....

The Sentinels is where it's at mate, number 150(ish) where Kitty Pride watches all the older X-Men die....

I'm quite astonished that the films didn't use the Sentinels...

I didn't see the Grant Morrisson ones TBH : I got a bit fed up of superhero comics and moved onto DC Vertigo stuff: Hellblazer, Sandman, Animal Man.... Still got those ones as well :)

Days of Future past oh dear yes (well it sort of works if you ignore the fact teh cant actually stop colossus (quick kill him off panel !!) ).

I think mainly would just be to expensive and really given the range of powers they have the sentinals won't really last long (someone with control over teh weather and fires lighting bolts and 30ft tall metal robots naaah))

Hows that for nerdy mode !!! And i like Snow patrol as well :D

Transmetroploitan by Southends very own les enfant terrible Warren Ellis?

Hows that for nerdy mode !!! And i like Snow patrol as well :D

Transmetroploitan by Southends very own les enfant terrible Warren Ellis?

Haven't read it: But WHO would win a fight between the Hulk and Superman? (Of course remembering that they are in different Universes......)

Haven't read it: But WHO would win a fight between the Hulk and Superman? (Of course remembering that they are in different Universes......)

ok cough (nerdy time )

Superman everytime why ?

His strenght limit is 3.5 Million Metric tonnes (DC roleplaying game (in fact Wonder Woman is also stronger then the hulk)), he moves or can optain speeds of about Mach 7 (dependant on writer ;) ) . (he is strong enough to move small planets)
So while the hulk has near unlimited strenght he has to build up to it (plus he cant fly). And Superman can see and hear him coming from a (several)mile away .

Superman could only be defeate via Kryptonite or magical abilites (neither of which hulk has)

Blakes 7! Tom Baker as Dr. Who..... Battle Of The Planets.... Moomins..... Chortlon and The Wheelies... Bagpuss....Ivor The Engine.... The list in endless 'cos today it's all SHYTE!

Bod (strange little dude)

Rainbow (Zippy = respect)

Street Hawk (Some geezer on a bike doing Hyper-drive)

Mask (Saturday Morning Cartoon)

Manimal (Geezer from Casualty that turned into animals)

The East Stand Paddock (That bit at the front of the East Stand where we used to Stand with a cup of bovril)

So many memories........................

Get UKTV Gold.;)

Torchy the Battery Boy
Fireball XL5
Supercar with Mike Mercury & Mitch the Monkey
Owl Beak & Fred Barker (With the sadly demised Muriel Young & Wally Whyton)
Flags of the World Bubblegum

Ollie beak progressed to Lift off with Aeysha (Brough)

Wally Wyton and Pusscat Willum
Tinger, Tucker, Auntie jean and the Willy Wombat treehouse
Twizzle

Coconut tobacco, potato Puffs from the school tuckshop.

Back