• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
I've been bowled over by the breadth of knowledge and feeling on here about our supporters' experiences from the days of yore. It got me thinking to when I first started watching The Blues as a kid in the late sixties. We all lose touch with people we've liked for various reasons, but reading some of the threads recently about the origins of The PAK, Pubey's first game and the one about The North Bank a few months ago has got me a bit misty-eyed about 'whatever happened to ...?' scenarios. I know they're not always good news stories, but I'm sure there are some Zoners who can help other Zoners out with info about old mates and what they're up to.

I'll kick off ... I used to go to Earls Hall School and went to our games in the late '60s and early '70s with a lad from EH called Ian Carradus. Ian was a kind and thoughtful fella and his dad used to take us to the North Bank with Ian's younger brother Malcolm. Ian's dad used to play for Southend Manor and kept a watchful eye on us nippers when we stood behind the goal. I lost touch with Ian when we moved to Leigh and went to different secondary schools unfortunately. I remember seeing his old man and his mum before the Spurs League Cup game in '89 but decided against approaching them and re-introducing myself after all that time. Here's where I get a bit Simon Bates on you --- I often wonder what happened to Ian and what he's up to now.

Obviously, some stuff is too personal to put out on a public forum, but with the use of pm's etc., some of us Zoners might be able to shed a bit of light for others. Over to you lot if you see fit to post. Cheers.

Good idea Rob, here's a song to kick it off.

[video=youtube;Pg2np37JNEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2np37JNEg[/video]

I think both went to SHSB I seem to remember at least one playing football for Old Boys in the Borough Comb, beyond that I can't help mate.

Malcolm definitely played for the Old Boys. I am a bit older than Malcolm but I do not remember Ian.

Sorry, can't shed any light on where they are now.

Thanks, guys. I hope that Zoners might see fit to use this thread for their own enquiries too. I just wanted to use that particular scenario as an example and (believe it or not) wouldn't want this thread to be just about my own WHT's.

Good idea Rob, here's a song to kick it off.

[video=youtube;Pg2np37JNEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2np37JNEg[/video]

I think both went to SHSB I seem to remember at least one playing football for Old Boys in the Borough Comb, beyond that I can't help mate.

Nice one, H --- I thought about that song too. Poor old Leon Trotsky!

Thanks, guys. I hope that Zoners might see fit to use this thread for their own enquiries too. I just wanted to use that particular scenario as an example and (believe it or not) wouldn't want this thread to be just about my own WHT's.

But whilst I remember this other one ...

Whatever happened to Simon Mundy? He was the best footballer in my year at Earls Hall and played for our first team when he was 8 - Chemico FC is 3 years older than us and was top scorer in that team. I used to see Simon's older bro' Andrew at away games in the '80s but didn't have the nerve/inclination to go back down memory lane then. Memories - why do they plague us?!

Back