• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Has anyone got any reason why a shot shy strikers just cant find the net .For three games they were scoring freddy scored 4 in 4 now nothing not even a sniff .What has gone so badly wrong .You would have put your house on freddy scoring at Bury empty net and he took so long to shoot the keeper got back to block it with his leg . So what has gone so wrong :'(

Corr not interested and Freddy im afraid just isn't anywhere near the old Freddy we used to have.

Corr not interested and Freddy im afraid just isn't anywhere near the old Freddy we used to have.

Corr not interested?

Love these flippant comments. Hasnt scored for a while, so must be because he doesnt want to.

He is working his socks off when Ive seen him.

Freddy may not be the player of 2005 but he has been playing well this season, are you forgetting is still has 4 goals in 9 games??!

Maybe if we actually gave them the ball in areas they could use it in that would be a help.

I think our forwards are not getting much service.We need to have more creation from midfield.

Corr relies on service, it just isnt there. Our set pieces have been woeful, which have not helped. Eastwood has been well marshalled the last few games. For me he is crying out for someone with some pace to play alongside him. Why Brown has still not addressed this I dont know why.

Corr and Eastwood, as a trike force, is about as good as it gets in this league, but are both 100 percent fit, I have my doubts.

Corr relies on service, it just isnt there. Our set pieces have been woeful, which have not helped. Eastwood has been well marshalled the last few games. For me he is crying out for someone with some pace to play alongside him. Why Brown has still not addressed this I dont know why.

We were talking about our poor corners on Saturday. Frustrating when you have Corr in the box to see it over hit pretty much every time.

Corr and Eastwood, as a trike force, is about as good as it gets in this league, but are both 100 percent fit, I have my doubts.

Eastwood has certainly been looking fit, never seen him run so much.

I think our forwards are not getting much service.We need to have more creation from midfield.
Definitely missing Laird, and it would be really good if Timlin got enough starts to get him fully match hardened. I'm a big fan of Mr Timlin and would play him as a regular starter. With both Laird and Timlin back and fit I think the chances for the forwards would be coming with more regularity.

I'm always bemused by the conclusion that if we're not scoring goals, it must be down to the strikers. It was hugely prominent towards the end of the Tilson era and we had a conveyor belt of strikers that came in, didn't score and were booed out of the club, only for them to score elsewhere.

More often than not, it's a problem that goes far deeper than the strike force. Under Sturrock, we spent far much more time in the opponents half and, in particular, in the final third. Blair, Corr and Dickinson picked the ball in the channels, held it up and the likes of Timlin, Hall and Hurst would rush in to support. It's not rocket science to suggest that if you spend more time in dangerous positions, you're more likely to score goals and we did it so effectively that we often caught teams flat footed. It wasn't necessarily aesthetically pleasing, but it was meticulous and effective.

I'd like to know why Timlin is playing left midfield he is so much better than straker who can't pass cross or shoot, Timlin would provide better quality in the box for corr. If anyone can tel me what staker would do on the left beter than Timlin pls tel me

Corr absolutely relies on service, we provide very little. Simple. Eastwood is less-reliant than Corr but all strikers still need reasonable service and we simply don't create enough chances. I feel sorry for the front two. Corr has been largely ineffective so far but that isn't his fault, to be fair to a much leaner Freddy he's been great up til now and looks by far our best player up top. Yes he should have scored at Bury but he's done well to get 4 so far in a side that don't create anywhere near as many opportunities as we should be.

Don't get on our front players backs, it's not their fault we're not scoring enough goals.

And i bet opposition coaches tell their central defenders to mark Eastwood tightly, stop him from scoring you stop Southend,yes we need a striker with pace along side Freddy that would open up space for Freddy and goals will come, also need a decent central defender , one who can marshall the troops and not take prisoners.

Service ..and "in and out strikers". Both BBBC and Freddie are inconsistent.
Fred's not really been inconsistent this year, the service has been poor though. And I agree that BBBC did look a little disinterested on Friday night. I'd hoped that Hursty coming back we'd get some decent supply but that didn't seem to be the case.

Hurst used to rely a lot on Clohessy to help create space. Sadly I dont think I have seen White cross the halfway line!

Hurst used to rely a lot on Clohessy to help create space. Sadly I dont think I have seen White cross the halfway line!

He did it several times against Wycombe.

Does Hurst need Clohessy? I thought most of his goals last season were from him cutting in from the left hand side. On Friday, he had his back to goal and created his own space before firing a quick shot.

I think one of the issues is how slow the midfield are to support the strikers. I noticed it a lot on Saturday. Corr and Eastwood were very isolated. It was usually 2 against 4 which meant they were crowded out quite a lot, and had no out ball.

White gets forward a lot and has had some nice interplay with Hurst and Eastwood! Not as much as Clohessy admittedly, but we don't want both full backs getting forward, Coker or Straker playing at LB both get forward.

Back