• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Have been away and out of the loop. Is there any other news other than Straker has gone to York and we've replaced him with Myles Weston?

Is it still late spring?

Have been away and out of the loop. Is there any other news other than Straker has gone to York and we've replaced him with Myles Weston?

Is it still late spring?

FF developments have gone quiet and thus resurrected the doom sayers. There are suggestions of links to a number of players and Weston is the first to materialise. PB has discussed a three year deal to stay as manager, having previously inferred his position was intrinsically linked to FF being started, so maybe we have a clue there.

All in all its late spring but not the end of spring and hope springs eternal.

onceknownasrab and ooh-andy-ansah got married and had children:smile:

So; Could someone be so kind as to provide a list of "ins and outs" to date please...

To me;
Out; Freddy, Laird, Strakes, Egan (after loan expired)?, and ??
In ; Weston

Fair comments from OAA though no?

Well you have me there Smiffy. The FF development has dragged on somewhat and a number of Blues fans have concerns. Even I have the odd wobble about it all. I just prefer to remain positive. there are a good deal of things to be positive about. The team had a fairly good season accompanied on occasion by good football. The manager seems to want to commit to Project Blues and most importantly we still have a club.

I accept that you, OAA and others are genuinely concerned and care about the club and it is good that the club has so many people looking out for its interest. It would however be nice to focus on the positives in hope of a better future and concern ourselves with the worst problems if they should ever materialise.

UTB

Well you have me there Smiffy. The FF development has dragged on somewhat and a number of Blues fans have concerns. Even I have the odd wobble about it all. I just prefer to remain positive. there are a good deal of things to be positive about. The team had a fairly good season accompanied on occasion by good football. The manager seems to want to commit to Project Blues and most importantly we still have a club.

I accept that you, OAA and others are genuinely concerned and care about the club and it is good that the club has so many people looking out for its interest. It would however be nice to focus on the positives in hope of a better future and concern ourselves with the worst problems if they should ever materialise.

UTB

For sure.

But, at the same time we cannot just keep ignoring the worrying silence and missed deadlines on all things FF related.

As Ron has himself said it is key to our survival. So it would be nice if just for once, he would cut the bull and tell us how it really is.

• Where are we with the S106
  • Has an agreement been reached with Prospects/Pizza shops/flats
  • Has a developer been chosen
  • Is the finance in place to get the three sides built
  • When will plans be submitted for the 4th stand
  • Who will be financing the 4th stand
  • When will the 4th stand be built
  • How will the club survive with just 3 stands and no corporate facilities
  • How will the club benefit from the retail development
  • Will the club be charged rent
  • Will the club be debt free
  • When are you leaving :winking:

All fair questions?

I think we all deserve straight answers, as quite frankly this has dragged on far too long for it to be just a case of "banks not lending" etc. There are clearly much deeper issues and we should know about them IMO.

Back