• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BenfleetDan

Said it before and will say it again but since that **** has come back it has all gone F*****G wrong

Send him back to Calais

Judas prick

In no shape or form should he be at Wembley

Absolute ***** again today

No team spirit with him in the team and looked a liitle better when PB took him off

**** him off

Excellent. I've missed a good discussion on Mohsni.

Mohsni came back due to an injury crisis when the ship was already beginning to sink. I'm not Bilel's biggest fan at the best of times, but it's a little unfair to pin the whole of this season's demise on him.

Not sure of the exact record, but I think it's 1 victory in 9 mtches (ish). Throw in several mistakes leading to goals, a red card, a penalty conceeded, a few strops, incidents with fans and you get a rough idea.

Not pinning the whole season on him, we was woeful since Xmas, but I get a feeling that Paul Sturrock fell on his sword slightly over Mohsni, I bet there are a few unhappy chappies in that changing room at the amount of chances he got.

I actually agree with the main point of the initial statement. Team morale seems to have evaporated since the return of the wayward one, and where the players were working for each other before they seem to play more as individuals now.

As I said at the time Sturrock gambled massively and guess what, it's failed. One down, one to go in the summer if PB has got any nous.

As I said at the time Sturrock gambled massively and guess what, it's failed. One down, one to go in the summer if PB has got any nous.

Well it hasn't necessarily worked but I think it's wrong to paint the whole picture around Mohsni. Our midfield has been bereft of shape, ideas and tactics with and without him in it. If you did point out the gamble at the time (which I accept you did), surely the gamble was always about his character, not his form/ability. The latter have been a shadow of his former offerings.

Hopefully today was the last we shall see of him ! Cannot possibly be in the team for Wembley and when he's left out he will no doubt sulk and do a disappearing act again , maybe then we will actually start playing as a team again .

We went wrong at Christmas.

Mohsni hasnt improved anything, but he isnt the cause either.

Harsh to blame Moshni. He came into a side that was struggling and we have continued to struggle. Dont see why you have pinned it on him all be it he has been crap in the last two home games.

I'm no fan of Mohsni these days, but he can't be blamed for our poor form recently or todays result. At the time he was brought back we were in the middle of an injury crisis, now that has passed he shouldn't be anywhere near the team for me. He was atrocious today and we all know he's no good for team morale. If he plays at Wembley I'll hope and pray he can pull one of his old performances out the bag, but I hope he isn't picked.

Shame we cant get behind our [players at this time even if we dont like them yes he made mistakes today but he wasnt the only one.
I thought Smith saved us today at the death,another hate figure sadly on our sites and incidently like a lot of you i'd like Bentley in goal but the Manager picks the team so I will support whoever plays.
Bilel took quite a battering esp 1st half, Sorry you hate Bilel so much ,maybe he might be gone in the summer but until that happens im behind him and all the players.

Said it before and will say it again but since that **** has come back it has all gone F*****G wrong

Send him back to Calais

Judas prick

In no shape or form should he be at Wembley

Absolute ***** again today

No team spirit with him in the team and looked a liitle better when PB took him off

**** him off

Ah Dan we all have problems when our paper round disappoints.

Why have we been pants for so long? The main reason is the stability that a back four or Clohessy, Cressy, Philips & Barker has been missing since our good run. The amount of times they have covered for our lightweight midfield is countless & then we've mugged a few teams with goals form Britt & Tomlin. Add to that the recent injury of Timlin & in a nutshell you have the main reasons for it.

As for Bilel, & I will admit I am a fan, what do you expect when he is expected to play in three different positions in one game. He has often played in at least two positions per game, which is why a player who hasn't played a lot of football this season has struggled. Yes he had a stinker today, but at least he stayed on the pitch, when in the past he would have kicked lumps out of their number 18. He put the team first for once!

Just remember how Wrong Martin has treated people in the past & broken promises (Maher?) & think what may have been promised to Bilel!

I'd be interested if anyone does actually have the stats on matches since Bill has been back. For me, though, the answer is clear, it's been since Timlin was injured that things have gone properly pear shaped.

Never rated Bilel - but he is not solely to blame.

I would imagine having such an unpopular player back was a call that PS felt he had to make in view of injuries. So far - Moshni has been dreadful and it has been a disaster.

However - lets get behind the team!

I'd be interested if anyone does actually have the stats on matches since Bill has been back. For me, though, the answer is clear, it's been since Timlin was injured that things have gone properly pear shaped.

It was when Tam and Laird left and we had no midfield, then having Timlin add to that with his injury.

Our form improved when we sorted out midfield out in November and disappeared when the midfield did. Never recovered.

Back