• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's worse than McClaren's England

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
http://www.4sportsake.com

"There can't be much in life that's worse than sitting through an England performance these days. Well, war maybe. And, you know, famine…that's pretty nasty. But outside of the jurisdiction of those four horsemen, watching Steve McClaren's England is right up there."

Sorry to spam you, but there's a bit of post McClaren group therapy going on over here. Name England performances that are worse than Saturdays and I'll pretty much love you forever. Even you, Cricko. ;)

The 0-0 draw with Denmark in Euro '92 was particularly dismal. Keith Curle was so poor at right back that he got subbed at half time.

Be nice to be able to see our national team on our national TV.
I gave up watching Englan years ago, they're clearly more interested in playing for their clubs.

get rid of them all and replace them with Championship/league 1 and 2 players... and put it on terrestrial TV !!
that's whats worse. Watching Murdoch.

Be nice to be able to see our national team on our national TV.
I gave up watching Englan years ago, they're clearly more interested in playing for their clubs.

get rid of them all and replace them with Championship/league 1 and 2 players... and put it on terrestrial TV !!
that's whats worse. Watching Murdoch.

To be fair, England's home games are shown on the BBC...

Worse than watching McClaren's England? Watching Allardyce's England...

If Mac does get the Sack, I hope for Gods sake that the FA learn their lesson and bring in an International manager, rather than a Club Manager. Go hell for leather in getting someone along the lines of Hiddink or Scolari.

Worse than watching McClaren's England? Watching Allardyce's England....

I reckon Allardyce never got it because of his (or at the very least his son's) alleged dodgy connections!

To be fair, he had quite a good idea of spending a week with each professional club in England, providing input into how their training can be improved etc. That's not something you can see Eriksson, McLaren or even Scolari doing.

As said by me on here so many times before, there really was only one man for the job & it was so obvious it was scary, Martin O'Neill.........

The friendly against Spain was pathetic. Ashley Cole cant play so Gareth Barry is the obvious replacement. However McLaren says he wont pick him because he hasnt been playing there for his club, so he goes with right footed Everton central midfield player Phil Neville. Ridiculous.
Youve got blokes like the Taylor lad from Portsmouth having a good season and its an ideal chance to give him a game. If failing to qualify would mean the sac for Mac then I would be in favour, but I fear even if he flops the FA wont get rid.

England is not good enough under McLaren & they don't have pride & passion, they also look like a team trying to get their manager the sack - has Southend played like that, our manager got the sack for that. Newman & Wignall got the sack because Southend played like England in 2003-04.

At least USA know how to play football, they look good on the ball, pass the ball well, attack & defence well & of cause score goals. Has USA have Gerrard, Terry, Robinson & Rooney in our team, we would have won the World Cup easy, but its shame that we dont have player like England got - but in future, USA will be better than England if FA not careful.

Maclaren is a total waste of space as Slipper previously Vommented. I to have no faith in this England "team" at the moment .:mad:

I had the fortune to miss the 'performance' on saturday.

This England team is fast becoming a laughing stock and something drastic needs to be done but it wont because the FA are a spinelss bunch of ****s and McClaren is a yes man so the same players will be picked time and time again after failing to produce anything approaching good football for a couple of years now.

Northern Ireland gets my vote for the worst England performance I've seen btw.

Back