• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's your favorite pint?

A proper beer, not lager p***, has to be fresh kegged, clean pipes, right temp and proper glass, (no plastic). there have been some very good specials at The Hall over the last season. Prefer a darker beer on a colder day and a lighter beer on a warmer day so can't give a straight answer to your question.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands.../15/10-best-pints-great-british-beer-festival

For me you have to go a long way to beat the pint of Abbot ale that they serve at the Cricketers in Westcliff.

And yes, I know the best pint of beer ever, is the next one.Thanks.:smiles:
Over to you.
And yes, I know the best pint of beer ever, is the next one.Thanks.:smiles:[/QUOTE]

Pretty good choice I agree. Rather fond of a decent pint of Marston Pedigree which is next to impossible to get south of Derby but surprisingly you used to be able to get a good one in and around Exeter a few years back. Sadly GBH (Great British Heavy) is no longer made but that was a really good pint of beer from the old Redruth Brewery.

A surprisingly good choice of keg beers in one of the local hostelries considering how far they have to come, but I usually drink bottled these days, and like ORM it depends on the mood/weather/occasion but Bitter and Twisted is a favourite, and the local microbrewery's An Teallach ale is exceptionally good. And if any of you fancy a change of career....

[h=1]Hop into brewery business[/h]POSTED ON AUGUST 23, 2012 BY SLTN IN PROPERTY
038a_0812.jpg

[h=3]A HIGHLAND brewery that’s said to enjoy an established and diverse client base has come onto the market.[/h]Located in Camusnagaul, near Dundonnell, An Teallach Brewery is described as a “simple-to-operate” nine-barrel microbrewery which has been operating since 2001.
The business, situated on the banks of Little Loch Broom, comes with a four-bedroom owner’s house, which is said to be decorated to a high standard and offer panoramic views.
Property agent ASG Commercial, which is marketing the brewery with a price tag of offers over £440,000, said the business has recorded sound profits.

“The business’s excellent trading levels coupled with its romantic location must make it one of the most exciting sales on the market at this time,” said head of agency Paul Hart.

My favourite used to be Ind Coop Burton Ale but they stopped brewing it.

Recent beers I have enjoyed include Woodfords Wherry, Brewers Gold, Ghost Ship and Lynx Super.

Spitfire actually travels well to HK. I have found 1 bar that does a huge range of bottled UK. Unsurprisingly it is called Trafalgar and does a full UK food list together with some Asian dishes. Great option for a Saturday evening with a choice of live Premiership either on one of the TVs or projected onto one of two outside walls.

Bishops Finger is always a good pint - I seem to remember it being my nomination in the Battle of the Beers some years back - but my preference changes as often as my mood. I enjoyed a very nice pint of Broadside out at Heybridge Basin at lunch time the other day, and I really must endorse Massimo Giovanni's comment about the club - they've had a great range of guest beers in, and Old Golden Hen is quite a regular one, which is very good. Years back and spending time in Wiltshire quite often, I always used to like a pint of Wadworths 6X, and likewise, the Black Sheep beers when in North Yorkshire. Nowt wrong with Suffolk ale either, and like Barna says, a pint of Abbot is another reliable old favourite.

Last edited:
Seeing that a pub serves Timothy Taylor Landlord always brings a cheer to the heart. Lovely stuff.

Very often beers don't travel well and I have had some smashing Belgium beers (in Belgium) and they aren't the same as those bought at the local supermarket/outlet. Guinness certainly varies enormously.
And an ice cold Mythos at a Greek beach bar is a joy; but not back home!

Had a pint of Hummingbird last week in London, never heard or tasted it before but very refreshing, also like Doom Bar pint.

I had a pint a few years ago of Sunchaser. Lovely stuff - not had it since. Otherwise not really a fan of beer fullstop. Went to a beer festival a few years ago and some of it was utterly vile.

Nice drop of red wine please.

A proper beer, not lager p***, has to be fresh kegged, clean pipes, right temp and proper glass, (no plastic). there have been some very good specials at The Hall over the last season. Prefer a darker beer on a colder day and a lighter beer on a warmer day so can't give a straight answer to your question.

Surely that should be casked not kegged:omg:

Over to you.

Pretty good choice I agree. Rather fond of a decent pint of Marston Pedigree which is next to impossible to get south of Derby but surprisingly you used to be able to get a good one in and around Exeter a few years back. Sadly GBH (Great British Heavy) is no longer made but that was a really good pint of beer from the old Redruth Brewery.[/QUOTE]

Having lived and drunk in Cornwall for the last 38 years I do not recall that beer at all :raspberry:

Back