• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's your favourite SUFC player debut EVER?

Che's Left Foot

an Australian chap
Following on from the second half thread, what's your favourite ever debut by a Southend player? The ONLY rule is you must have been there.

In recent memory, for me it's got to be the Eastwood hattrick vs Swansea, or failing that, the mighty Dreeeewe against Cheltenham.

Freddy v. Swansea or Stan v. Notts County are the two that leap instantly to mind. Freddy's was probably even more special in some ways - how do you top scoring after 7 seconds?!

Happy days.

:)

It's hard not to say Freddy Eastwood. a goal inside eight seconds is hard to beat.

Fred aside, I'll go for Ronnie Whelan vs Bristol City. Cultured midfield display capped off with the only goal we scored from a direct freekick in a spell of about five years.

It's hard not to say Freddy Eastwood. a goal inside eight seconds is hard to beat.

Fred aside, I'll go for Ronnie Whelan vs Bristol City. Cultured midfield display capped off with the only goal we scored from a direct freekick in a spell of about five years.

Good call - Super Ron was one of my favourite players, and one of my least favourite managers...

David Lee vs. Brighton will also be one of those special, sepia tint debuts for me. Ahh, what could have been... an MOM performance and a brilliant goal against the Seagulls - what's not to like?!

Matt

David Lee vs. Brighton will also be one of those special, sepia tint debuts for me. Ahh, what could have been... an MOM performance and a brilliant goal against the Seagulls - what's not to like?!

Matt

I was there for that one and have to afree a cracking game and what a goal. Carruthers and Lee on the score sheet 2-0 and then it was the same score and same scorers at the withdean later on in the year. I always liked David Lee thought he was a good player.

Tony Currie

One flaw with that he knackered himself in the pre match kick about.

A few I can think of.

Gary Moore, stretching a point it was his home debut, bagging 4 in a 9-0 rout of King's Lynn.

Richard Cadette. Freddy Eastwood.

Oh, and Lee Chapman.;)

Back