• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's your job title?

My mate in Cheltenham worked at Virgin when I did and he said his job title was 'Stock Prevention Officer'. I said 'Your a security guard'.

Silly names, just say it how it is, in my view! lol

It's all rubbish isn't it? A lot of it is just snobbery too. To be honest they could make my job title what they want if I get a pay-rise, it means nothing.

Financial Crime Associate (you actually think i'm joking - however, it's true)

Before my company standardised titles and strictly enforced them many middle managers embelished their job title to such an extent as to make Idi Amin's uniform look positively restrained and understated.

IIRC it started as a response to the government wage freeze in the 70's when salary increases were limited to those being promoted, it brought about a raft of layers in companies employment structures, with varying degrees of titles which meant that people could get rises every year as they crept slowly up the corporate ladder. (this freeze also gave rise to the custom of employee benefits , the company car being the most popular until it was sussed and taxed into oblivion for those who did not actually need a car for their job)

I think these days it relates more to the workers being almost ashamed of being seen to have what they feel others would percive as a a menial job, so employers "glam" the role up to attract applicants.

It does make the words to My old mans an Residential waste Recycling Technician, he wears an residential waste Recycling Technician's hat, a little harder to get a tune for.....

I think these days it relates more to the workers being almost ashamed of being seen to have what they feel others would percive as a a menial job, so employers "glam" the role up to attract applicants.

I notice this a lot on Eggheads when they introduce the contestants giving their name age and job title. Nearly every one of them are managers or supervisors.

I notice this a lot on Eggheads when they introduce the contestants giving their name age and job title. Nearly every one of them are managers or supervisors.

A bloke on Masterchef gave his occupation as 'Recent graduate' which I assume is street for unemployed.

You never got people bigging themselves up on Bullseye.

Back