• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Last night I got to London Bridge for my usual 17.52pm back towards Brigthton. As I put my ticket through the barrier and looked up to Platform 9 it turned out to be a total bun fight due to the cancellation of the previous two Brighton bound trains. I took a picture on my mobile phone as follows:

train.jpg

Anyway after much pushing shoving and a few sharp jabs I managed to work my way onto the train. I was possibly the worst conditions I have ever seen. Grow men were pressed against each other in a unhealty way. If we were cattle there would have been protesters at the other end it was that bad. Finally the train pulled off.

It is 15 mins to East Croydon which is where a lot of the commuters empty out but it seemed like a life time. By now I had loss the will to live. Finally we arrived and the train pulled out. To my delight a bloke who was sitting down right in front of me got up. A seat was mine for the taking.

Sat down and it was like my first ever w&nk - Sheer relief. Just settle down to read the critically aclaimed "Mortgage Strategy" magazine when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone looking at me.

I looked up and spotted a middle aged larger lady. My first thoughts were "**** off I am not desperate". However I noticed she was rubbing her stomach. She was puffing and making a bit of a scene. It suddenly dawned on me she was pregnant. She looked at me with soft eyes and I knew I had to give up my seat. Like a shot she accepted and I got up with aching legs but a warm heart.

As the train chugged on down towards the coast I noticed that she was packing away the food - Crisps, A cake and a Cornish Pasty were dispacthed. Eating for two I thought.

At the next stop Iwas pushed futher down the train. I got talking to a random on the train. The conversation was as follows

Him - Nice of you to give up your seat
Me - Well you have got too for a pregnant woman havent you
Him - Her - She's not prgenant she does that every night and has done for years.

I was livid. This WITCH had prayed on my kindess to secure my seat. I spent the whole journey home texting Dad of Dts to tell him how annoyed I was.

Do any other Szoners have tails of woe from act of kindness.
sad.gif

I held the door open for some woman once and got called a sexist ba5tard for my troubles
mad.gif

Also, had a pretty heavy argument with 2 ex Ipswich Town players once when they nicked a car-parking space that I had promised to a woman who was waiting patiently.

as Jimmy Carr once said " I'd rather see a pregnant woman standing than a fat girl sitting and crying"

By offering a seat to a woman you are merely re-enforcing gender stereotypes. I for one have too much respect for women and the struggles they have endured to achieve equality to insult them in such a brutal manner.

On the subject of well know faces on the train does anyone remember the woman that used to travel on the Liverpool Street line.

The second the train started moving she would start screaming "Please let me off......I want to get off.....why won't they let me off.......".

I have every sympathy for her condition but perhaps she should have found a job that didn't involve a daily commute.
It's rather like B A Baracus taking a job as an air steward.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 04 2007,13:25)]By offering a seat to a woman you are merely re-enforcing gender stereotypes. I for one have too much respect for women and the struggles they have endured to achieve equality to insult them in such a brutal manner.

On the subject of well know faces on the train does anyone remember the woman that used to travel on the Liverpool Street line.

The second the train started moving she would start screaming "Please let me off......I want to get off.....why won't they let me off.......".

I have every sympathy for her condition but perhaps she should have found a job that didn't involve a daily commute.
Do indeed remember her , and pleased to say shes communiting perfectly normally.
Some time back she'd started to wear headphones with music , other commuters got used to her and now she's just one of the commuters .

Poor sod
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 04 2007,13:25)]On the subject of well know faces on the train does anyone remember the woman that used to travel on the Liverpool Street line.

Oh yes ! Frightened the bejeezus out of me the first time I encountered it, until other regulars put me in the picture. Approaching Liv St I used to pray we wouldn't get held up outside it waiting for a platform.

As soon as the train stopped the shakes would start, after about 15 secs the moaning would start, then between 30-60 seconds the headbanging and thumping fun would begin.
laugh.gif

Definitely not the full ticket.

I once saw a car shunt another at a roundabout. The first car pulled over but the second (who was clearly at fault) drove off. I made a note of the number plate and pulled over to let the guy know as I wouldn't have thought he'd have seen it. Out of the car lumbers this 6ft+ meathead who proceeds to start effing and blinding at me about hitting his car. I managed to convince him it wasn't me by showing him that there were no marks on my car but I did rather fear for my life as he didn't look entirely stable. I certainly won't be doing that again.

I've also learnt not to wake people up on trains even if it's blatantly obvious they've gone past their stop. Walked through the carriage of a virtually empty train between Leigh and Chalkwell to go to the toilet, some guy sitting there passed out with his phone going off in his pocket. On my way back it was still going off so I guessed it was a wake up alarm. I thought I'd help by waking him up, he asked me where we were and I sadi we were just leaving Chalkwell. He then starts having a right go at me for not waking him up at Basildon when the alarm would have started going off, he was totally w&nkered and so my protestations that I wasn't even on that carriage fell on deaf ears. Bollocks to them, they can wake up in Shoebury next time.

Driving home one day I noticed a car broken down and a young family standing beside it. So I pulled over just behind the car and got out to ask if I could help in anyway. The guy said he was waiting for the AA but the wee baby was getting restless. I asked if they had far to go and as it happened they were going to a street near to where I lived. Being the nice chap that I am I offered to take the wife and children and dop them off whilst he waited. Ever so grateful they accepted my kind offer.

Get the kids, car seats etc in the car and jump in the car myself to drive on my noble journey. Anyway, as I pull out a car I did not see (neither did anyone else for that matter until it was too late) came tearing round the bend and smashed in to the front of my car and pushing it in to the broken down car making a mess of all three vehicles.

After making sure all my passengers were ok, I got out to check on the guy with the broken car - he said "if you hadn't have stopped none of this would have happened"

How I never smacked him I will never know

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_Shrimp @ Jan. 04 2007,22:49)]Driving home one day I noticed a car broken down and a young family standing beside it. So I pulled over just behind the car and got out to ask if I could help in anyway. The guy said he was waiting for the AA but the wee baby was getting restless. I asked if they had far to go and as it happened they were going to a street near to where I lived. Being the nice chap that I am I offered to take the wife and children and dop them off whilst he waited. Ever so grateful they accepted my kind offer.

Get the kids, car seats etc in the car and jump in the car myself to drive on my noble journey. Anyway, as I pull out a car I did not see (neither did anyone else for that matter until it was too late) came tearing round the bend and smashed in to the front of my car and pushing it in to the broken down car making a mess of all three vehicles.

After making sure all my passengers were ok, I got out to check on the guy with the broken car - he said "if you hadn't have stopped none of this would have happened"

How I never smacked him I will never know
That is tv script good!!

Seriously bad luck, what a tosser that guy was

You just cant help some people

Back