• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
When did it go wrong last season?
Pre season with poor prep and half a fit squad?
Not getting a settled midfield until we had Timlin, Laird, Tam and Hirst with it breaking down when loans finished? Not sorting out PS's future as is normal aroung Xmas so leaving all in limbo?
Cressie being sent off stupidly when MP, Barks et al where injured?
Tomlin then Britt being injured?
Bring Bilel back? Cup runs and replays?
All the Wembley hype and taking the league business as a sideshow?

IMO it was the lack of a settled midfield except for the 8/9 game run.

Not getting a settled midfield until we had Timlin, Laird, Tam and Hirst with it breaking down when loans finished? Not sorting out PS's future as is normal aroung Xmas so leaving all in limbo?

A combination of all this. Lets look forward now and not dwell on the past. Heres to a great season next time round.

Nah, I'm done with analysing last year.

Looking forward to seeing what PB can put together for the 13-14 season.

quite simple, we found possibly the best midfield combo in the league Hurst Tam Laird Timlin
they were bossing it and no one could deal with it, then that midfield got broken up and hey presto....

Not paying our bills on time, resulting in transfer embargo's and never having a settled midfield.

quite simple, we found possibly the best midfield combo in the league Hurst Tam Laird Timlin
they were bossing it and no one could deal with it, then that midfield got broken up and hey presto....

This.

If we had kept the midfield of December we would have made playoffs easily.

all these reasons played a part so you are correct to list them. however another key reason, possibly the biggest one, was/is when ron started buggering about with paying wages to staff/players late again. paul sturrock went about 3 months without pay and still don'yt know if he is now settled this. perhaps not. in circumstances like these in particular any manager would struggle especially in trying to get maximum motivation out of the players on a regulsar basis which should be paramount anyway.

Loads an loads of contributing factors, red cards, embargo, injuries, wembley,crazy french men im sure there is more if you think longer its just best an easier to not think of last year..

A combination of all this. Lets look forward now and not dwell on the past. Heres to a great season next time round.

there lies the problem. love to do as you say but when late wages are being paid, something ron himself said would be a regular occurence, then this little problem will exist always whilst at roots hall. difficult to focus on a new season completely when this is hanging over us consistently.

all these reasons played a part so you are correct to list them. however another key reason, possibly the biggest one, was/is when ron started buggering about with paying wages to staff/players late again. paul sturrock went about 3 months without pay and still don'yt know if he is now settled this. perhaps not. in circumstances like these in particular any manager would struggle especially in trying to get maximum motivation out of the players on a regulsar basis which should be paramount anyway.

I only know of one month where players were paid late and that was a week delay.

Not good, but I dont see that as a contributor this time.

I was led to believe it was more than a month but am not arguing. Anyway may I offer my congatulations to you on your Birthday Jam.

Yes I agree totally.I think if we had kept that midfield with Tomlin and Britt up front we would have had a great chance of making the top 3

Thanks CS, 21 again.... :smile:

Yes I don't doubt you for a second. Your sounding beaudiful.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

Personally I don't think this helped:

games.JPG

It's a list of dates we played matches since 1st Jan. Because of the weather we had to play a huge amount of games with very little rest in between. It's that that led to injuries etc...

Back