• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When does drinking alcohol become excessive?

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Is isn't just about me, but I thought I'd start a little dicussion about how much drink is too much?

Persaonally I'm not sure. I will go out binge drinking as it is know (something like more than 4 units in one session?) at least once a weekend. I hardly go out in the week, maybe on a monday night.

When I compare myself to some teens (I am 18) I don't think I am quite normal.

I wouldn't say I worry about it, but obviously it's not healthy.

Thoughts?

probably when you can't stop, when you regularly drink on your own.. when you're ending up in hospital or losing your friends and family!? Getting plastered every now and again isn't the end of the world IMO, but I think if you're doing it day in day out and cant take a break from it then you've got a problem

when you come home and dont remember doing this to your housemate i think u've had a good amount. but if this is done to you, you've drunk too much. it's ok he's a derby fan so it's ok!!

n559008038_1330961_3978595.jpg

Ha thats hilarious. Have done it once to my mate when he was out of the game. Put Cif/Jif down his boxers too. Harsh, but he brought it on himself.

haha. in regards to the original question, i go out at least once a week and normally once during the week as well...but i drink quite a lot when i go out. my logic is that, if you're going to spend some money on alcohol, u might as well have a really good night out rather than going out 3 or 4 times and having little alcohol each time which has no real effect on you.

whether this is binge drinking (i guess so) or not, i'll let you decide.
but surely if u drink alcohol, u are doin it to get drunk, so instead of going out and having just a few, you might as well just drink water and save your money!

If you think 4 units is binge drinking i reckon your safe at the moment ;-)

thinking about it i have no idea how many units i have.
anyone no how many units in a pint of cider (i no they vary, but roughly) or in a JD and coke?

When you reach out to the SZ community in a deperate cry for help then that is the time to switch to Kaliber.

Is isn't just about me, but I thought I'd start a little dicussion about how much drink is too much?

Persaonally I'm not sure. I will go out binge drinking as it is know (something like more than 4 units in one session?) at least once a weekend. I hardly go out in the week, maybe on a monday night.

When I compare myself to some teens (I am 18) I don't think I am quite normal.

I wouldn't say I worry about it, but obviously it's not healthy.

Thoughts?

To be honest, I know a lot of people around the 18 year old mark and they drink a lot more, and a lot more often than that so I wouldn't worry at all.

Personally, I don't think you can drink too much, but thats just me.

There is no such thing as too much. Those who think that there is, havent been there. 'Stan, you weren't there man, you weren't there. (the 'Stan, like vietnam, but worse)

Alcohol is not a drug, as some tw a t's will make out, its a helpfull tool, to remember that you arent as ugly as you think, or that life isn't as bad as you make out.

Drink as much as is neccessary to make an ugly fat bird sleep with you. Job done.

Back