• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

when does?

i think the rules now are that you start an immediate ban, unless you appeal. Part of the F.A's no-nonsense approach to red cards. I think you need the ref to agree aswell?
rock.gif

not too sure www.thefa.com has all the rules on it

Seems ever so slightly harsh to expect us to appeal against a ban for an incident on Saturday afternoon in time for a Monday evening kick off though!

rock.gif

Pretty sure all bans start immediately now - which is good, the less league games he misses the better. I'd rather lose this and get higher in the league than progress at the expense of league position...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 21 2005,21:26)]Pretty sure all bans start immediately now - which is good, the less league games he misses the better. I'd rather lose this and get higher in the league than progress at the expense of league position...
Then again, withthe way he's been playing in contrast to Wayne and the Goat, maybe it doesn't matter!

ghostface.gif

Only kidding, although he still looked very short of the form we know he can produce. In seriousness, the suspension may be ideal for all parties:

->Tilly gets to try out Wayne and Gray (albeit earlier than expected) without having to drop his star striker.
-> Wayne stays in the team to reward his excellent performances and Goat gets first team football.
-> Freddy suspended in lean patch in terms of form and not rich vein of form.
-> Freddy learns his lesson about raising your arms and continues his development as a player.

If Wayne wan't playing so well, I'd be worried but I really feel that his form is good enough to lead the line right now.

I'm informed that he'll definitely miss Saints, Scunny and Col Ewe. Can't see Tilly appealing!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 21 2005,21:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 21 2005,21:26)]Pretty sure all bans start immediately now - which is good, the less league games he misses the better. I'd rather lose this and get higher in the league than progress at the expense of league position...
Then again, withthe way he's been playing in contrast to Wayne and the Goat, maybe it doesn't matter!

ghostface.gif

Only kidding, although he still looked very short of the form we know he can produce.  In seriousness, the suspension may be ideal for all parties:

->Tilly gets to try out Wayne and Gray (albeit earlier than expected) without having to drop his star striker.  
-> Wayne stays in the team to reward his excellent performances and Goat gets first team football.
-> Freddy learns his lesson about raising your arms and continues his development as a player.

If Wayne wan't playing so well, I'd be worried but I really feel that his form is good enough to lead the line right now.
So he's gonna be playing with himself then....!  
wow.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 21 2005,21:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 21 2005,21:33)]
[b said:

ghostface.gif

Only kidding, although he still looked very short of the form we know he can produce. In seriousness, the suspension may be ideal for all parties:

So he's gonna be playing with himself then....!
wow.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
I clearly meant try it out as a name. Who knows, it might work really well.

To be honest, the way he's playing at the moment and with our lack of strikers, I'd quite like to play both!

upside.gif
biggrin.gif

I think Lawson should play - he played quailty in pre-season - and although i know he won't and he's not expirience - i think the moment and adreniline would pump him to score  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 21 2005,21:58)]I think Lawson should play - he played quailty in pre-season - and although i know he won't and he's not expirience - i think the moment and adreniline would pump him to score  
tounge.gif
The lad's definitely got the potential to make it... I think starting him though may be too much, too soon.

Interesting to see if Southampton play their full first team or a mixed team with reserves like WHU did when we played them last year.

Back