• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When is enough, enough?

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
We are all hurting. We are all worried, despondent, angry or just plain numb to the fact that our wonderful club is now floundering.

It's blatantly obvious that from the very top to the bottom, the club is in a terrible state.

The chairman is out of his depth and adrift in debt after years of robbing Peter to pay Paul. He literally has left the club to rot whilst making terrible decision after terrible decision. It would appear that he no longer has any real interest beyond a green light which will see him make money from property.

It remains to be seen whether SBC will ever green light the project.

On the playing side we are now left with the biggest load of crocks and aged talentless players since the days of Alvin Martins horrendous 90s team.

I was part of 461 fans at Torquay yesterday. This club has magnificent support, who have been through hell.

My question is. When is enough. When do we actually rally as one, and start to challenge the way the club is run?

Surely even the most ardent fan of RM can see what is happening.

I've never subscribe to RM being our only choice. He isn't. Plenty of people would relish the chance to buy our club and have a real go at getting us back to our rightful EFL status.

This isn't about not supporting the players or getting on their backs. This is genuinely about having the chance to do something before we sink into the national league south or go out of existence.

Surely even the most ardent fan of RM can see what is happening.

I've never subscribe to RM being our only choice. He isn't. Plenty of people would relish the chance to buy our club and have a real go at getting us back to our rightful EFL status.

I don't think there are any ardent RM fans. And there may well be many people willing to buy, but he isn't willing to sell. THAT'S the problem.

Wonder if Rons ever thought of naming a price publically just to shut people up.

Like "If someone wants to offer me £50m, I'll sell".

Does make me wonder how much money he wants either way - the project, or selling for a large sum. I mean, how much is 'enough'?

Anyone estimate what his stadium project may bring in?

He's tied us up in financial knots, so even if he wanted to sell, someone would surely have to pay the going rate AND pay Martin back all his loans and stuff which surely is going to put off even the most hardcore billionaire fan.

Wonder if Rons ever thought of naming a price publically just to shut people up.

Like "If someone wants to offer me £50m, I'll sell".

Does make me wonder how much money he wants either way - the project, or selling for a large sum. I mean, how much is 'enough'?

Anyone estimate what his stadium project may bring in?

He's tied us up in financial knots, so even if he wanted to sell, someone would surely have to pay the going rate AND pay Martin back all his loans and stuff which surely is going to put off even the most hardcore billionaire fan.
I think the rewards will be beyond our wildest dreams. And your final paragraph is the issue.

I think the rewards will be beyond our wildest dreams. And your final paragraph is the issue.
Who knows what he's personally committed to as well whilst banking on a windfall at some point. No way of telling what completing this means to him - may be beyond any sort of greed etc.

Horrible its at our expense though.

Imagine if the council DO give the nod and we get underway and the shackles come off! I do wonder if that happens and we have a turn of fortunes what people will think of Ron then...

Who knows what he's personally committed to as well whilst banking on a windfall at some point. No way of telling what completing this means to him - may be beyond any sort of greed etc.

Horrible its at our expense though.

Imagine if the council DO give the nod and we get underway and the shackles come off! I do wonder if that happens and we have a turn of fortunes what people will think of Ron then...

Never going to happen we are an absolute calamity … money or not the name of Southend with Martin at the helm is in the gutter

We will turn into a Sunderland like club spending money after money on players that DO NOT want to be at the club in the quest to get back in the football league managed by a load of buffoons with no genuine football knowledge

For me, 'enough' was the saga of no manager after Bond went, fruitless chasing of various people for about 2 months before the Sol Campbell circus turned up.

If it was £20m, between 5,000 supporters that would be £4k each. I would be up for that ? worth it to get rid of RM

Tommy2holes

"I've never subscribe to RM being our only choice. He isn't. Plenty of people would relish the chance to buy our club and have a real go at getting us back to our rightful EFL status".

But due to bad management, players who simply have not been good enough (past and present)--I have read many comments on here---- the club is now in its rightful place.

Stop blaming Ron for everything and that if he goes it will suddenly be perfect. The only thing that has screwed us is his financial management where he listens to managers on spending beyond our means rather than having someone say no to live within hour means, this seems to have changed now so will stop the caused of the various embargoes.

The problem is an out of touch manager that almost all support because they saw success to almost getting to the championship and not what Phil brings or delivered for us, crippling debt.

We could swapped the chairman tomorrow, but you are expecting whoever comes in to spend their way out of trouble despite not being able to afford it like so many other chairmen up and down the leagues. It’s not going to happen, get rid of brown and bring back a “project” and build an identity

Stop blaming Ron for everything and that if he goes it will suddenly be perfect. The only thing that has screwed us is his financial management where he listens to managers on spending beyond our means rather than having someone say no to live within hour means, this seems to have changed now so will stop the caused of the various embargoes.

The problem is an out of touch manager that almost all support because they saw success to almost getting to the championship and not what Phil brings or delivered for us, crippling debt.

We could swapped the chairman tomorrow, but you are expecting whoever comes in to spend their way out of trouble despite not being able to afford it like so many other chairmen up and down the leagues. It’s not going to happen, get rid of brown and bring back a “project” and build an identity
So, you dont think the constant late (or non) payment of players wages over the past couple of years would have a detrimental effect and would lead to players wantng to leave or not come? Nor the fact we had to play basically a youth team for half of last sseason due to embargoes? We've had 4 managers in 2.5 seasons, cant always be the manager, although the one constant is they were all appointed by the same person.

So, you dont think the constant late (or non) payment of players wages over the past couple of years would have a detrimental effect and would lead to players wantng to leave or not come? Nor the fact we had to play basically a youth team for half of last sseason due to embargoes? We've had 4 managers in 2.5 seasons, cant always be the manager, although the one constant is they were all appointed by the same person.
Totally agree, there is only one person responsible for the demise of our club in his relentless pursuit of FF.

All those managers over the last 3 years can't all be cr@p

For me, 'enough' was the saga of no manager after Bond went, fruitless chasing of various people for about 2 months before the Sol Campbell circus turned up.
Yeah, that was just awful. What a pathetic saga. Basically, it confirmed our relegation to L2. Unforgivable really.

Totally agree, there is only one person responsible for the demise of our club in his relentless pursuit of FF.

All those managers over the last 3 years can't all be cr@p
You say that, none have jobs in management still.

Whether they are sullied by their spell in charge of SUFC, but Waddock, Bond, Powell, Campbell and Molesley haven't got another managers job after us.

You say that, none have jobs in management still.

Whether they are sullied by their spell in charge of SUFC, but Waddock, Bond, Powell, Campbell and Molesley haven't got another managers job after us.
Waddock has been No.2 at Cambridge since July 2020, they seemed to do OK last season. remember he came here as No.2 to Bond. Admittedly Bond is coach at Brizzle Rovers and they're looking doomed.

I don’t think I say it didn’t, there are many things that can be laid at Ron’s door as why we are in this division but how the team is performing this year is not one.

Maybe we should have a poll, those in favour of spending above our means to get players on 2/3 year contracts for high wages and embargo if we don’t go up vs living within our means and not going up.

Clearly out CEO is helping do the latter but
there is only one person the cause of on the pitch performance and that’s our dreadful manager and his ego.

Back