• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When is enough, enough?

Rock bottom has not been reached yet. Unfortunately we seem to have a decent sized part of the fan base who still can’t see where the main issues are and therefore nothing will change.

Let’s have a look at us and Grimsby. Both relegated last season but what happened at Grimsby that didn’t happen at Southend? Change needs to happen at the top but I am not smart enough nor clued up enough on how we can, as a group of supporters, even bring that about whilst we have this core of supporters still in Ron’s corner (even if they don’t really like him) and truly believe he is our only option.

Collymore was not a perfect solution but he came with ideas for change which would have been something at least and may have arrested the decline (may not have either but a change is better than sticking with the same approach).

Where's the new stadium we having been waiting about 40 years now. Why are all our players either over 30 and carrying injuries or not very good. We could easily get relagated again At the very least this club should be in the play offs at end of season. If you cant build a stadium when interest rates have been so low for years. It dont stack up. My mate said at half time against aldershot we would win 4.1 he dont know much about football either

Being on coaching staff of National side is a long way from managing a squad of players day to day.
Would much rather see Sir Chris as a successful coach for one of the world's strongest teams than go through the wringer as a club manager. No need to compare apples and pears, can be proud to see him prosper in a different position.

fleabag1

"At the very least this club should be in the play offs at end of season"
With such a team/manager/owner how is this possible?

Did you stop and think how several other clubs have achieved this before you posted your reply?

I don't have all the answers personally but I do know it can be achieved but hey ho let's just all keep lining RM's pockets until we finally disappear in to the wilderness of deceased football clubs and RM completes his order for a new Bentley.....

Did you stop and think how several other clubs have achieved this before you posted your reply?

I don't have all the answers personally but I do know it can be achieved but hey ho let's just all keep lining RM's pockets until we finally disappear in to the wilderness of deceased football clubs and RM completes his order for a new Bentley.....
I do understand where your coming from but your earlier post recommending 5000 invest 4K each is absurd. If you’re willing to do that, respect to you. Most won’t have that sort of money unfortunately, no way have the majority got spare thousands knocking around. If Ron’s going to leave it’ll need a consortium/individual with millions, which seems unlikely sadly.

Yes I did, i firmly believe it wouldnt work for us. Thats just my opinion.

I do understand where your coming from but your earlier post recommending 5000 invest 4K each is absurd. If you’re willing to do that, respect to you. Most won’t have that sort of money unfortunately, no way have the majority got spare thousands knocking around. If Ron’s going to leave it’ll need a consortium/individual with millions, which seems unlikely sadly.
There are plenty of people with money to make Ron look like a pound shop owner. Unfortunately they tend to be intelligent and invest in something which has value or potential. Ron has ripped away any value and refuses opportunities to consider a sale.

Back