• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great find and memories.

sufcvliverpool.jpg

Cor....happy memories, I was there that night on the South Bank, approx 10.000 of us doing "knees up Mother Brown" in unison....A; For some Banter, and B; To try and keep warm !!!

I spent the whole match on tiptoe trying to peer between heads from the back of the west stand. It was not cold under the roof.

Good find Have always wondered if there was footage of this game.Has anyone ever contacted the BBC??

On another note does anyone remember the game in the late 60's I think against Aldershot where the ground covered in snow and the game was played with a very small gate .The result 2-2 ?

On another note does anyone remember the game in the late 60's I think against Aldershot where the ground covered in snow and the game was played with a very small gate .The result 2-2 ?
I remember the game very well extremely cold on a snow covered pitch as you rightly said 2-2 draw goals by Billy Best & Eddie Clayton, team was Trevor Roberts, Keith Lindsey, Owen Simpson, Joe Jacques, Dave Barnett, John Kurila, Dave Chambers, Billy Best, Bill Garner(Peter Hunt), Eddie Clayton, John McKinven. Goalscorer for Aldershot the legendary Jack Howarth. Attendance was 2,887.

When the Aldershot keeper came out 2nd half to defend the North Bank end, he must have been pelted with 100 snowballs. fair play to the feller, he was game, and chucked a few back at us. Reckon it was 1970?.

If my memory serves me right did they just clear the lines to allow play? .Must be around 1970 as that team was virtually the 1st promotion team.Remember thinking I had never seen such a small crowd at Rh little did we know what was to follow a few years later!!

Gt yarmouth your right.

west stand was full. ray davy was down on the touch line at half time, with a loud haler, trying to get people to move forward to allow fans in!!!

we had a very early vcr (top loader) and had the sportsnight highlights on tape. will find out if it still exists. problem is when my father died my mother got rid of many of his mega collection of videos only keeping some prerecorded ones and a select few taped from the tv.

will ask if the archive footage is still available!!!

Ps don't know if the name mark goodson means anything to people but they had a vcr around the same time as well.

I remember an away game at Birmingham about 15-20 years ago when it snowed just before kick off. In fact, it was actually quite warm, and all I had on was a long sleeve top with an SUFC shirt on top of it. About 15 minutes before kick off the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and it snowed. I believe they had to delay kick off to clear the lines on the pitch.

The strange thing was that by half time all the snow had disappeared again...

Back