• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Some constantly blame the defence when ever we lose,yet we play allowing the oppo to launch wave upon wave of attacks because we sit deep and have zero outball,it's not rocket science.

Here are the games we have scored 2 or more under Phil.

Played 55....won 41...drew 8....lost 6....gf 127 ...ga 59.......I know some of these were not league games,but we would have collected a staggering 131 points out of 165 max.

Phil's problem has been his team in around 70% of games score zero or just once !,too much reliance on the keeper and defence to keep them out whilst trying to nick it at the other end.

Football the entertainment thingy with scoring more than the opponent the aim.,so set up to attack,the stats prove if we score 2 or more we normally win.

Some constantly blame the defence when ever we lose,yet we play allowing the oppo to launch wave upon wave of attacks because we sit deep and have zero outball,it's not rocket science.

Played 55....won 41...drew 8....lost 6....gf 127 ...ga 59.......I know some of these were not league games,but we would have collected a staggering 131 points out of 165 max.

Phil's problem has been his team in around 70% of games score zero or just once !,too much reliance on the keeper and defence to keep them out whilst trying to nick it at the other end.

Football the entertainment thingy with scoring more than the opponent the aim.,so set up to attack,the stats prove if we score 2 or more we normally win.

To be fair, you were right about Hunt and the fitness problems thing. Yes Phil's not done too well with strikers since he's been here. Failure after failure. Too many to mention. Even the loanees from a higher division have been useless. The sideways passing midfield doesn't help either.

Goals aren't the be all and end all of football, the league's top scorers (Peterborough) sit in 14th at the moment. There are problems all over the pitch but the defence looks far worse than our attack, as you pointed out Bentley often needs to save the day. If we sort out the defence we'll get more chances simply because our midfielders won't have to track back to help the defence out every few minutes.

To be fair, you were right about Hunt and the fitness problems thing. Yes Phil's not done too well with strikers since he's been here. Failure after failure. Too many to mention. Even the loanees from a higher division have been useless. The sideways passing midfield doesn't help either.

Signing Hunt was utter madness,fair enough if he had pay as you play deal ,but giving him the deal he ha was stark raving bonkers.

For me currently we have Barnett who is useful,Loza is quick,why not play these 2 down the middle with Jack behind,don't put Loza out wide,Phil ain't learnt nothing IMO ,same tired old formation which every forward has been toilet simply because the system doesn't help them,it hinders them instead.

Why after every defeat do you post the same thing!!

We know you don't like Brown, but please start posting something new and start having some originality

Goals aren't the be all and end all of football, the league's top scorers (Peterborough) sit in 14th at the moment. There are problems all over the pitch but the defence looks far worse than our attack, as you pointed out Bentley often needs to save the day. If we sort out the defence we'll get more chances simply because our midfielders won't have to track back to help the defence out every few minutes.

Goals are the be all and end all in football though,we have a pretty good defensive record under Phil,but it's became obsessive with him,everything is planned not to concede yet when we do there is never plan b in place,he rarely plays 2 up top right down the middle,it's dinosaur football.

Why after every defeat do you post the same thing!!

We know you don't like Brown, but please start posting something new and start having some originality

Actually its the first time ever I have posted 2 goals or more stats,but don't let that get in the way of you playing the poster instead of the actual post.

Actually its the first time ever I have posted 2 goals or more stats,but don't let that get in the way of you playing the poster instead of the actual post.

I'm sorry but you always go on about our lack of goals - just because you have put a different spin on it, let's not pretend this is a new argument!!

I'm sorry but you always go on about our lack of goals - just because you have put a different spin on it, let's not pretend this is a new argument!!

Lack of goals is the crux of the matter though and something that needs to be addressed

Just another day in the exciting life of mrsblue :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

This is hardly a surprising statistic and is probably valid within a certain variance for every single team in the division. It stands to reason if a side is able to score multiple goals in a match they are more likely to win it...

Goals are the be all and end all in football though,we have a pretty good defensive record under Phil,but it's became obsessive with him,everything is planned not to concede yet when we do there is never plan b in place,he rarely plays 2 up top right down the middle,it's dinosaur football.
I don't see how you can try and claim we have a good defensive record, in the second half of the season we have kept just 4 clean sheets and one of those was against 10 men Col U and 2 others thanks to Bentley Penalty saves (who we're about to lose). In the second half of the season we have conceded 3+ goals on 5 different occasions and 2+ goals 8 times. You're right, goals are the be and end all of football which is why our recent defensive record is such a concern. You seriously think focusing on scoring more goals than them is the answer when Millwall, Rochdale and Swindon are putting 4 goals past us?

Yes, we do need a new striker but that is in no way our biggest issue, especially if we keep Payne and Barnett. I don't think anyone who has paid attention to the games in 2016 can seriously say that the attack is a bigger concern than our defence. We have conceded 22 goals from set pieces this season, that desperately needs to be looked at for next season and will cause us much bigger issues than the attack.

I don't see how you can try and claim we have a good defensive record, in the second half of the season we have kept just 4 clean sheets and one of those was against 10 men Col U and 2 others thanks to Bentley Penalty saves (who we're about to lose). In the second half of the season we have conceded 3+ goals on 5 different occasions and 2+ goals 8 times. You're right, goals are the be and end all of football which is why our recent defensive record is such a concern. You seriously think focusing on scoring more goals than them is the answer when Millwall, Rochdale and Swindon are putting 4 goals past us?

Yes, we do need a new striker but that is in no way our biggest issue, especially if we keep Payne and Barnett. I don't think anyone who has paid attention to the games in 2016 can seriously say that the attack is a bigger concern than our defence. We have conceded 22 goals from set pieces this season, that desperately needs to be looked at for next season and will cause us much bigger issues than the attack.

For sure this season defensively it's been shakey,but overall since Phil arrived it's been decent.

Our players are not silly,they know if we concede first they rarely win,how many times do we see our players defending for their lives,Adam throws his body on the line time and time again,he knows the set up won't allow for us to score many in the main.

Too much over thinking by Phil,we ain't playing against vastly superior players,yet we commit the cardinal sin by allowing the opponent to have acres of space as we drop off in numbers,it's bizarre.

We have nothing like a good defensive record this season. Only 8 teams in the league have conceded more goals than us.

Just another day in the exciting life of mrsblue :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Mrs Blue has posted a resonable post, which i think has merit. Your post has no merit, other than to take the ****.

Col U have scored more goals this season than Burton. Burton are 2nd top, Col U are 2nd bottom. So from what you're saying you'd rather be sitting as a Col U fan than a Burton fan at this point in the season?

The problem is that Phil has done exactly what you wanted for the majority of the second half of the season. We've definitely had more attacking line ups recently, including a few games where we've played 2 strikers plus Jack Payne. We've also played wing backs recently with two attack minded players in those positions.

Problem is our results have been worse since this change, yes at home we've done reasonably well but away we've been dire. I'd grudgingly prefer PB to revert to what he knows best, safety first, it might not be exciting but it does seem to get results.

The problem is that Phil has done exactly what you wanted for the majority of the second half of the season. We've definitely had more attacking line ups recently, including a few games where we've played 2 strikers plus Jack Payne. We've also played wing backs recently with two attack minded players in those positions.

Problem is our results have been worse since this change, yes at home we've done reasonably well but away we've been dire. I'd grudgingly prefer PB to revert to what he knows best, safety first, it might not be exciting but it does seem to get results.

100% agreed. Didn't mrsblue say that line up away against Blackpool was 'tasty' and we lose in a poor manner. We have been far too open playing this way away from home as you say. (Opinion from someone who actually attends away games. Mrsblue has openly admitted to not attending them.) Then again i'm sure all these repetitive thread startups every time we lose is due to life boredom.

100% agreed. Didn't mrsblue say that line up away against Blackpool was 'tasty' and we lose in a poor manner. We have been far too open playing this way away from home as you say. (Opinion from someone who actually attends away games. Mrsblue has openly admitted to not attending them.) Then again i'm sure all these repetitive thread startups every time we lose is due to life boredom.

Did they play 2 up down the middle against Blackpool or was Loza out wide thus leaving Barnett to feed off scraps again?

Yeah true i don't go away anymore but that's my business not yours.now stop fretting about what I do otherwise you will make yourself ill,have a little lay down and stop worrying:hilarious:

Back