• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will it happen

What time will Bond be sacked?

• Total voters
Not forgetting the respect of your fellow man.

The only question for me is who gets their marching orders first - Steve Smith or Kevin Bond? Both are making a mockery of my sporting aspirations and neither can happen quick enough.

Smith shows more movement in one shot than Bond has the whole time he's been here

In the past Ron has spoke to players individually to get a picture of why things have gone wrong. No point in sacking Bond if the next man might upset the same players with same ideas.

After all the game is about the players but the manager gets the blame if they fail.....Our lot certainly know that much.
Really seems that way - it's Mourinho leaving Chelsea all over again. Yeah, I know, Bond's no Mourinho, calm down folks! :-)

On your first point, Riggers, any insight into players' opinions when Bond was given the role? Seems unlikely that they learned something they didn't like about Bond this season that they couldn't already have told Ron when he made the appointment at the back end of last season when the decision would've been so much easier? Always troubled me this point.

Bond has applied for reselection but Ron would not accept it without 2/3’s of the players agreeing.. Cox has gone over to the Orient and all decisions have been put back to January

Seems unlikely that they learned something they didn't like about Bond this season that they couldn't already have told Ron when he made the appointment at the back end of last season when the decision would've been so much easier? Always troubled me this point.

Maybe on closer acquaintance with Mr Bond they discovered that like me (he is only 7 months my junior, after all) he shuffles about the workplace in ill fitting trousers, smelling faintly of stale urine.

Really seems that way - it's Mourinho leaving Chelsea all over again. Yeah, I know, Bond's no Mourinho, calm down folks! :-)

On your first point, Riggers, any insight into players' opinions when Bond was given the role? Seems unlikely that they learned something they didn't like about Bond this season that they couldn't already have told Ron when he made the appointment at the back end of last season when the decision would've been so much easier? Always troubled me this point.

No I don't know. Its quite possible he may not have bothered in the summer as it was such a short time and despite what some now claim there was a clear improvement in results fitness and attitude. After we beat Sunderland there was not an obvious problem.

Ron did mention he spoke to players at the time of the PB sacking but we were all aware that something was wrong......We ended up with CP......So it could mean AB this time?

No I don't know. Its quite possible he may not have bothered in the summer as it was such a short time and despite what some now claim there was a clear improvement in results fitness and attitude. After we beat Sunderland there was not an obvious problem.

Ron did mention he spoke to players at the time of the PB sacking but we were all aware that something was wrong......We ended up with CP......So it could mean AB this time?

‘Some now claim’ there was no improvement because at Rochdale in April they watched one of the worst performances and worst tactical set ups in a vital match for the club since at least 1958..............and they are right.

‘Some now claim’ there was no improvement because at Rochdale in April they watched one of the worst performances and worst tactical set ups in a vital match for the club since at least 1958..............and they are right.
Even Harry said recently he went to that game and drove home thinking WTF am I doing watching this

What's going to happen first, Bonds sacking, or England getting Smith out!!!

Nope. Ron will have heard by now that Bond has fallen out with the players. He will have heard about Bond breaking Football League rules by not doing a short interview or at least a few quotes after Orient. He has obviously followed the games and results. That's it, Bond is done. He won't be getting any more games. Ron is obviously just waiting to tell him face to face.

I wonder if this would constitute breach of contract and allow RM to get rid of KB without compensation...?

I wonder if this would constitute breach of contract and allow RM to get rid of KB without compensation...?
He could easily have been following instructions from Ron in the knowledge that it was his last game. It might have been an ill-advised **** you to Chris Phillips. His contract might already have the exit package tightly sewn up so there would be no repercussions from it.

The thing is, we just don’t know whose decision it was so it’s all speculation and guesswork.

I wouldn't have had you down as a man who would exaggerate. Anyway It could not have been that vital because we lost but still stayed up.......

But lets not a windy rainy day on a poor pitch with a clear foul on our player for there goal and a perfectly good goal for us disallowed for off-side spoil any lynching party.......Bond should have avoided relegation by at least 5 points.....I hated my day v Sunderland.

I wouldn't have had you down as a man who would exaggerate. Anyway It could not have been that vital because we lost but still stayed up.......

But lets not a windy rainy day on a poor pitch with a clear foul on our player for there goal and a perfectly good goal for us disallowed for off-side spoil any lynching party.......Bond should have avoided relegation by at least 5 points.....I hated my day v Sunderland.

Well, to be fair to you, you have declared your conflict of interest.

Back