• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question When would you want Tilly sacked?

When would you want Tilly fired?

• Now.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Failure to gain promotion in

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Bottom half in

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Relegation into L2

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Failure to get promoted in L2

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Bottom half in L2

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Relegation dogfight in L2

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Relegation in L2

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • No longer Football League

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 14 12.2%

• Total voters
Not any time soon .

Going by the poll I guess relgation fight.

But he wont get

the chop yet.

Jeez! Let's hope this is a long way off, don't see any problem in the immediate future unless we are relegated. I wouldn't necessarily want it then, but I think it would be inevitable.

If we finish anywhere below... say... 14th this season.

Because with the players we have, we should be higher than that. And I have absolute faith that we will be. But yeah. It's not like he hasn't moulded the squad either, they're all his players.

I hope the day would never come when Southend would sack Tilly. You would hope that if his position at the club became untenable (and personally I feel we are nowhere near that stage yet) he would resign and pick his moment to go rather than have the decision made for him.

Failure to get promoted in L2

We know he is capable of winning that league. So if we was in relegation in L1 and he were to get the chop and we ended up getting relegated, a different manager may end up getting us into disaster!

I know stranger things have happened..curbishley to be our new manager?

Morning All
I voted 'no longer football league' although i can see him going elsewhere before that happened.
IMO Tilly is the best manager this club has ever had since i have been supporting the shrimpers (early 70's) and I want him to be in that position whilst I am still breathing.
However, there maybe a time when he decides he can no longer carry on and seek a new challenge somewhere else.
As has been mentioned on another thread, we are still early into the season, so no need to hit the panic button.

Relegation Dogfight in League two - to be honest this is where he picked us up (virtually) so i'd say thanks very much for the memories. If we are outta the football league then to be honest i'd more than likely spend my money watching Essex play cricket as it'll probably take years to get back in Football league (look at Oxford) and i wouldn't be arsed watching Barrow, Maidenhead and Chelmsford (more than likely)

Personally i don't think it'll come to this, we'll stay in L1 this season but finish in mid-table i have every confidence in the club. Probably stay in L1 for 6-7 years before building the club up and going for Championship footy again. Tilson will still be here in 10 years.

Would have to be very extreme L2 dog fight in my book.

The man is Southend though and through and was one of my fav players of all time. He has shown himself time and time to be a top young manager and whats more he is one of our own.

Quite who some of the people who will no doubt call for his head if we struggle this season want to replace him is beyond me really. As I hate to break it to you but for a lot of managers Southend aint an attractive proposition.

Tilson is almost a victim of his own sucess. Anyone of us would have taken a mid table in L1 a few years ago and yet Tilly has riased the bar so much no our expectations are so much more. Southend traditionally have no right to be challenging for promotion in L1. We are a poor L1 to decent L2 side and its only been Tilsons efforts that have seen that perception change.

Tilson can stay as long as he wants to. If we could sign him to a 10 year deal I would.

Would have to be very extreme L2 dog fight in my book.

The man is Southend though and through and was one of my fav players of all time. He has shown himself time and time to be a top young manager and whats more he is one of our own.

Quite who some of the people who will no doubt call for his head if we struggle this season want to replace him is beyond me really. As I hate to break it to you but for a lot of managers Southend aint an attractive proposition.

Tilson is almost a victim of his own sucess. Anyone of us would have taken a mid table in L1 a few years ago and yet Tilly has riased the bar so much no our expectations are so much more. Southend traditionally have no right to be challenging for promotion in L1. We are a poor L1 to decent L2 side and its only been Tilsons efforts that have seen that perception change.

Tilson can stay as long as he wants to. If we could sign him to a 10 year deal I would.

Dave...you know I respect your views mate, but I have to say, I have always been at a loss to justify people using the card that we don't truly have a right to be a decent L1 side.
I agree that when he took over, the bar was raised, but in life, in business, and most certainly in top class professional sport, the only way you can move on is to raise the bar, keep it raised and improve upon that. I cannot condone staying with a manager through pure emotion even if we were struggling back down in L2. Relegation would undo all of the good PR work the club have done to pull floating premier league fans away from their television sets on a Sunday/Wednesday (whenever the Premiership is on these days!) and would set the club back YEARS. It would be hugely damaging...make no bones about that.

We need to embrace our new found reputation as supposed seasoned campaigners in League 1, and attract better players and yet more fans to kick on and try and establish ourselves in the Championship when FF comes around.

I hate the word consolidate, and I hate the word relegation even more. We need to aspire to keep raising the bar, keep attracting more locals to support their local team, and keep raising our profile to enable us to attract better players.

Rant over.

I'd only consider sacking him if we were at the bottom of League Two a few months into a season, which is the position he inherited when he took over. The guy is a legend, we won't be able to find anyone better for the job than him.

what a stupid poll. Yes let's sack the most successful manager in the club's history. Stability is the most important thing in the next few years. No other manager would take the job with the resources at hand. i still remember what John Still said after the D&R match last season. He found the crowd's attitude to Tilson "unbelievable" and said " he (Tilson) had over acheived in the last few years". Frankly I respect his opinion and his knowledge of the game.
Curbishley? I haven't laughed so much in ages. Not that he isn't a decent manager but that he would seriously think of coming here.

If we finish anywhere below... say... 14th this season.

Because with the players we have, we should be higher than that. And I have absolute faith that we will be. But yeah. It's not like he hasn't moulded the squad either, they're all his players.

why are people going nuts? tilly out if we finish below 14th? wots wrong with you? what players have we got that will going to do anything special for us? surely one of the worst defences in the league at the moment, a midfield with no creativity and a strikeforce who mite aswell be on strike.
bottom half is on the cards at the moment. cant blame tilly entirely. if he gets the sack, so should half the ****ing squad

Back