• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Where’s Stan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank Stan for getting in touch with the Zone in the first place, then the club which has only ended up, in my opinion, in a positive way.

If you read any of this Stan, please believe most supporters of this club appreciate your efforts and you dont have to answer any of this nonsense, not that you don't know that.

Thanks for the memories, a cold New Year in Bath, playing Bristol Rovers I think comes to mind, they couldn't play at their ground if I remember, you totally bossed the whole game, amazing!

So many stories one could tell, thanks again mate.

He posted on Twitter in reply to a fan thanking him for his efforts in getting us a new CEO something along the lines of he’s not on Shrimperzone anymore.

Can’t blame the guy ?....

He posted on Twitter in reply to a fan thanking him for his efforts in getting us a new CEO something along the lines of he’s not on Shrimperzone anymore.

Can’t blame the guy ?....

Why? It appeared to me he garnered a huge amount of support from his loyal legions on the zone. He had a rebuff from Ron, allegedly, but what has that to do with the fans? From my viewpoint he threw his toys out of the pram and stropped off twice. I am sure if he thought about it he would know he is sure of a good reception on here as a supporter.

Why? It appeared to me he garnered a huge amount of support from his loyal legions on the zone. He had a rebuff from Ron, allegedly, but what has that to do with the fans? From my viewpoint he threw his toys out of the pram and stropped off twice. I am sure if he thought about it he would know he is sure of a good reception on here as a supporter.

I have to agree with this , he came across as very business like and credible which was welcomed by most , his articulated questions and thought out proposal was brilliant, however he contradicted this with some quite impulsed decisions when challenged.
ive never been in the public eye but would of thought that in any football /business decisions you will have your pro's and negative opinions, Ron has put up with his fair share in his time in charge as not all decisions made are going to please everyone.
I thank Stan for his time and initial domino affect in getting this going but as someone directly involved in Southend perhaps he'd need to not make quick hasty decisions - for me if your in , your in and cant just drop little old Southend when its not going your way .

Did he say any negative comments in his post? No.

Did he throw accusations or make derogatory comments about anyone at the club? No.

So tell me how he exactly "threw his toys out the pram"?

Maybe he got a little upset when some keyboard warriors decided that because he didn't take up the job offered (that was changed after he agreed to it) that he was somehow a traitor.

Did he throw accusations or make derogatory comments about anyone at the club? No.

Maybe he got a little upset when some keyboard warriors decided that because he didn't take up the job offered (that was changed after he agreed to it) that he was somehow a traitor.
I can see both sides from onceknownasrab post and your own.

We will never fully know what happened or what allegedly changed in the job description for Stan. We will never fully know or in fact know anything really at all as there are 2 sides to every account and we have not heard those in full form either side.

But maybe the change was that the encoding DoF wanted control of something and that meant the role Sc was offered had to be changed so that part was moved to the DoF role. There was a delay of around a week from when we thought the DoF would be appointed and when he was and this happened in between.

I dont know if that was the case but if something did change and if is was for the betterment of SUFC then it doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things.

Lets just move on and move forward.

[/QrUOTE]

Did I say he made negative comments? No. His impulsive, emotionally charged (seemingly) haste in walking away twice when things were not going his way are what I call throwing your toys out of the pram. Did Ron change the deal? Stan said so but when I asked him, repeatedly what was agreed and what changed, he refused to answer. This despite him saying transparency was the right of the fans. Yes I tackled him on the subject and he took umbridge. I don't know why and I was perfectly civil. He also then said he would not respond to me again because ' he was disgusted by my stereotyping'. Well Chapperz, I took a certain inference from that and can tell you I found it as offensive as it was untrue. You read the debate and see if his reaction was not uncalled for.

He should come back on the zone as a fan and stop being petulant.

Why would Stan still be on SZ? He came here to explore options about how he could help and he's taken it as far as he feels he could go.

Why would Stan still be on SZ? He came here to explore options about how he could help and he's taken it as far as he feels he could go.
You are right he has no reason to be on here, and good luck to him.

just to clarify though he didnt jyst come on to offer help, he has been on SZ for quite a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back