• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Where are you going on holiday this summer?

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
So, season is almost over, time to book a holiday...

Anyone going anywhere nice? Anyone going anywhere horrible

Looking at Italy (Sorrento) or Croatia, which are both surprisingly working out cheaper than Ibiza and Majorca, should have booked earlier! Went to rainy Peak District last year, so need to get some guaranteed sunshine - Crete was nice, anyone got any recommendations or unusual holidays booked?

France to see a few games of football.

Hungary (specifically Budapest) for a wedding.

As a result, might leave our normal 'lounge by the pool for a week and let the kids club do its magic' holiday until October half term - Canaries or suchlike.

Porto Santo....been waiting for a couple of years for the chance to go and we decided the only way we would was if we actually booked it - so we did!

We're off to Jersey. The kids have never been on a plane before so we figured somewhere fairly close to home would be a safe start. I went there for 24 hours back in 2009 and really enjoyed it, looking forward to seeing it properly.

We're off to Jersey. The kids have never been on a plane before so we figured somewhere fairly close to home would be a safe start. I went there for 24 hours back in 2009 and really enjoyed it, looking forward to seeing it properly.

Plémont Beach is lovely. The zoo is great. Elizabeth Castle is loads of fun. Hell, I want to go back now. Enjoy!

Plémont Beach is lovely. The zoo is great. Elizabeth Castle is loads of fun. Hell, I want to go back now. Enjoy!

Yep, echo all of that that. Love Jersey, I understand that the Pottery has closed now which is a bit of a negative for me as I loved going there and they also had a fab restaurant.

Hire a car and visit all the beaches, Jersey has really diverse beaches. If your kids are old enough then the Underground Hospital is a must too - really sobering.

Nowhere yet, waiting on moving first.

BTW, watch Sorrento - that area is REALLY expensive. I paid 20 euros for two beers there, and that was back in 2008.

BTW, watch Sorrento - that area is REALLY expensive. I paid 20 euros for two beers there, and that was back in 2008.

same here. We're in scotland for a long weekend for a wedding, and will get a week away in september hopefully but it'll probably be UK.

same here. We're in scotland for a long weekend for a wedding, and will get a week away in september hopefully but it'll probably be UK.

We're just back from Scotland for a wedding - Blair Atholl in Perth & Kinross (it was great). Where are you headed?

We're just back from Scotland for a wedding - Blair Atholl in Perth & Kinross (it was great). Where are you headed?

St Andrews. Holidayed in Blair Atholl a few times - lovely place and part of the world. Callander is really nice too.

St Andrews. Holidayed in Blair Atholl a few times - lovely place and part of the world. Callander is really nice too.

I'd never been that far north in Scotland before. Can't say I was surprised it was that lovely - I was kind of expecting it! - but it really was something. Being at a wedding with most of my best mates probably helped too mind...

I'd never been that far north in Scotland before. Can't say I was surprised it was that lovely - I was kind of expecting it! - but it really was something. Being at a wedding with most of my best mates probably helped too mind...

yeah this is a massive family wedding with lots of money splashed on it so it should be great. The Friday is a big beach party/bbq. The Saturday is the wedding, the Sunday a family get together with the newlyweds. Will tack a few days on either side and enjoy a well earned break.

yeah this is a massive family wedding with lots of money splashed on it so it should be great. The Friday is a big beach party/bbq. The Saturday is the wedding, the Sunday a family get together with the newlyweds. Will tack a few days on either side and enjoy a well earned break.

That's kind of how my mate did it. The wedding on the Saturday was great of course - at Blair Castle - but the Sunday, when we all just chilled at the village hall finishing off the remaining beers and cheese, followed by a few in the local, was very special. Plenty time either side do touristy stuff as well, like Bruar Falls, Queen's View, etc.

Can recommend looking at Center Parcs, they are so geared up for families with young children.

Can recommend looking at Center Parcs, they are so geared up for families with young children.

yeah that's not a bad shout. we've done center parcs a lot and it's quite overpriced though, and the restaurants can be average so you can end up driving out for things to do which isn't swimming.

We've kind of got two holidays booked. We're going to Israel for a week of sun and beach. My mother in law has also rented the house in the New Forest that my wife and I usually book. The difference being she has booked it for 3 weeks (as opposed to our 1) and has told the whole family that she'll be there for the full 3 weeks and anyone else is welcome to join her for any part of it. We're thinking of coming and going, but spending around 2 weeks down there.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess a lot of these types of destinations are not cheap on food and drink, but that sounds v expensive

Crete was very reasonable eating out, so may look at that again - and guaranteed sun :-)

Off to walk Hadrian's wall on Thursday then back to Crete in June. Will be the 8th time we've been, love it there. The people are so friendly and the weather is always beautiful :thumbsup:

Back