• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dan x Sufc

After watching Southend sign players this transfer window, where do we need to strengthen exactly? The release of Martin has left the gap of left midfield, and Timlin isn't a natural left midfielder, surely one of the places we need to strengthen?

Sturrock said he is looking at strengthening left midfield and up front, so my guess is that Benyon is out.

Also think we may need to look at the midfield too, and a shame we couldn't get Racon from Millwall on loan.

Just to stir things, Mkandawire doesn't seem to be getting near the team at Millwall .....

Maybe a pacy winger is needed? It's our weak spots, we need them to break down team that park the bus in front of the goal!

We're still being linked with Rickie Holmes and Paul Benson, any chance of them? I know swindon wanna sell benson or loan him if his wages are payed in full..

We're still being linked with Rickie Holmes and Paul Benson, any chance of them? I know swindon wanna sell benson or loan him if his wages are payed in full..

No chance of both. Unless we ship out some players for a fair amount!

Can see Benyon and Eastwood going..

Who would want Bunion? and while Eastwood collects near on 2k a week doing, well not much on his 3 year contract I can't see him going anywhere.

Admitedly I think one of the reasons Eastwood is not played is because he has a high "appearance and goal" clause written into his high wages , I think it is a two way street, where he collects basic-ish wages and the club do not have to pay the other clauses.

Timlin has said that his preferred position is left midfield and I'm happy with him there. Would love Ricky Holmes but don't see that happening, neither Benson who is set for Cheltenham. Up front we are ok with Britt now back and we do have new lad in from Sheffield Wednesday who is highly rated. My big concern is the orient game. We will only have timlin and woodard in cen mid and then who plays left mid?

No chance of both. Unless we ship out some players for a fair amount!

I seriously don't think we've been linked with Benson, other threads seem to indicate he's going to Cheltenham. Holmes is more plausible, not sure he's definitely been ruled out?

Who would want Bunion? and while Eastwood collects near on 2k a week doing, well not much on his 3 year contract I can't see him going anywhere.

Admitedly I think one of the reasons Eastwood is not played is because he has a high "appearance and goal" clause written into his high wages , I think it is a two way street, where he collects basic-ish wages and the club do not have to pay the other clauses.

So we signed a player on high wages but don't play him in case he scores - yeah this sounds plausible.

Midfield and Left Back

With Barker, Prosser and Straker cant see us signing a left back.

Sturrock is obviously looking at midfield still, Timlin will play on the left and we looked our best when he did so, but Id hope we could get someone in who can play there too.

Timlin has said that his preferred position is left midfield and I'm happy with him there. Would love Ricky Holmes but don't see that happening, neither Benson who is set for Cheltenham. Up front we are ok with Britt now back and we do have new lad in from Sheffield Wednesday who is highly rated. My big concern is the orient game. We will only have timlin and woodard in cen mid and then who plays left mid?

Straker...

We need to strengthen:

Barry Corr's back, knee and groin
Ryan Leonard's hamstrings
Britt Assombalonga's foot
Mark Phillips' elastic bands
Chris Barker in his fight against the ravages of time

ps Timlin's best position is clearly left midfield.

We need to strengthen:

Barry Corr's back, knee and groin
Ryan Leonard's hamstrings
Britt Assombalonga's foot
Mark Phillips' elastic bands
Chris Barker in his fight against the ravages of time

ps Timlin's best position is clearly left midfield.

Sounds like an odd version of head shoulders knees and toes ....

I heard the main reason Freddy hasn't been playing is that he's still not fully over his knee injury and can't train to the same intensity as the rest of the squad. Worrying.....

As for where we need to strengthen - we need a winger who can play left side (or both) and another CM.

I heard the main reason Freddy hasn't been playing is that he's still not fully over his knee injury and can't train to the same intensity as the rest of the squad. Worrying.....

As for where we need to strengthen - we need a winger who can play left side (or both) and another CM.
that was the risk we all knew anyway apart from he who signed him, thought it was crazy to resign him anyway with the weight he had put on and with the injuries he had with knees and calfs etc.

Back