• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gene Vincent

We are looking forward to the JPT games against you.
As a lot of us will be making a day of it in (kiss-me-quick hats and cockles) can you advise the best drinking places before the match at your place.
As for the drinking delights of Leyton, The Coach and Horses is the only one near the ground left, The Birkbeck is near The Tube Station but is a bit of a treck to the ground.
The Supporters club welcomes away fans with their supporters club card (limited though).
Am certain these two games will be up to the usual Cockney/Essex Boy encounters of the past.

Yeah fair do's, the Cliff is ok for away fans....anywhere closer to the ground can be a bit naughty and you will need a 'home' ticket to get in. Also, with the Cliff it is a three minute walk from Southend Central train station so easier for when you get off the train.

Cliff pub was very popular with Brighton fans when they would play us at Roots Hall.

Please spare us the happy mockney chappy bollocks mate 80% of your fans live in the great county of Essex,just like your happy chappy mockney blokes from Wet sham.

I love all this Essex vs Cockney thing when we play orient.....
Leyton was in Essex til 1965 and is over 5 miles from Eastcheap so the only Cockney Orient fan is one born to parents with particularly good hearing.....

Leyton was in Essex til 1965 and is over 5 miles from Eastcheap so the only Cockney Orient fan is one born to parents with particularly good hearing.....

Does that mean they've got fathers? :winking:

E10 Mate says East End.
How did you get on today?

Well this is all lovely isn't it ?

If you are making a day of it try going to Old Leigh and the boozers there. You can get your cockles whilst you at it!
Leigh Broadway has the grand (or at least did have) and there are a couple of pubs coming in that way on way to Southend.
As for by the ground, like the pubs in Leyton, I really wouldn't bother.

By the way the river lea was the boundary line between Essex and London but has long since changed. I do draw the line mind when people in South Woodford say that they are eastenders !

Back