• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

where do you go swimming?

ph437

Warrior Square - nice diving pool, good nostalgia value, often cold though and changing rooms smell.

Clements Hall - slow tw&ts in the lanes, nice steam, sauna and jacuzzi included in the price, long queues to get in sometimes and they answer the bloody phones in the middle of serving you !

Anywhere else recommended?

I recognise a few faces from Southend games on a Monday night at Clements Hall - anyone here?

The Thames.
tounge.gif

Belfairs was always best for me. Easy to park, nice and chilled atmosphere (not too crowded) and an assortment of Leigh fanny wandering around the place looking lovely.

Ahhh rose-tinted memories eh? Perfect for a cold, wet Monday.....
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I recognise a few faces from Southend games on a Monday night at Clements Hall - anyone here?
If I go Clem is normaly on a wednesday night but as I am not in work at the moment I like to go at 7am for a Spa and a swim to set me up for the day

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 11 2006,13:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I recognise a few faces from Southend games on a Monday night at Clements Hall - anyone here?
If I go Clem is normaly on a wednesday night but as I am not in work at the moment I like to go at 7am for a Spa and a swim to set me up for the day
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 11 2006,13:35)]
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
You may laugh you black box twonk but I do enjoy a good swim and it don't matter what build you are its a brilliant way to start the day,

All this coming from you who goes boxing apparently after work and yet he who I have yet seen to get envolved when the going gets tough on a match day who still is yet to buy a round in the pub and has the funny habbit of sliding off at funny moments!
Not to mention having a black box over your head because your ovbiously Essex Rozzers no. 1 target catogory C hooligan WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I await your come back sir! or have you just been royaly roasted by TrueBlue! eh?
glare.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 11 2006,15:10)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
You may laugh you black box twonk but I do enjoy a good swim and it don't matter what build you are its a brilliant way to start the day,

All this coming from you who goes boxing apparently after work and yet he who I have yet seen to get envolved when the going gets tough on a match day who still is yet to buy a round in the pub and has the funny habbit of sliding off at funny moments!
Not to mention having a black box over your head because your ovbiously Essex Rozzers no. 1 target catogory C hooligan WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I await your come back sir! or have you just been royaly roasted by TrueBlue! eh?
glare.gif
wink.gif
what must the water displacement be like?
Oo.gif

now that's a come back.. still up for friday
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 11 2006,15:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif

glare.gif
wink.gif
Oo.gif

oops.gif
Yeah you going to luton?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 11 2006,15:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif

glare.gif
wink.gif
Oo.gif

oops.gif
Yeah you going to luton?
no, going to the spread.. you big dough man you..
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 11 2006,15:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 11 2006,15:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif

glare.gif
wink.gif
Oo.gif

oops.gif
Yeah you going to luton?
no, going to the spread.. you big dough man you..
blush.gif
Some of us are actuly going to the game!
wink.gif

used to go to clements hall as it was free (i used to work at good ol' great wakering sports centre)
then when i lived in cambridge, it was parkside - - never caught the naked swimming session they apparently had there..
and now riverside

Could never go wrong with Belfairs - bloody hell I've just worked out that was 30 years ago. Always guaranteed stinging chlorine (or ****) eyes but it was cheap and local.

These days its David Lloyd for me.
biggrin.gif
at the MILF action. Never good to get a semi in the sauna.
laugh.gif

Swim a couple of times a week, great after a game on Sunday followed by 30 mins dozing in the jacuzzi. Oh and squash on a Friday night.

belfairs is ok, but no family changing room for if you go with the tin lids.

Warrior square has excellent family facilities, however, these are often taken up by selfish chavs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Dec. 11 2006,23:40)]belfairs is ok, but no family changing room for if you go with the tin lids.

Warrior square has excellent family facilities, however, these are often taken up by selfish chavs.
which is exactly why I go to Clements Hall.

Ullapool, cracking pool with nice changing facilities and Sauna, but hardly ever crowded. Bit further than Warrior Square, I give you.

changinghuts.jpg

Back