• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm really bored waiting for my night shift to start - this one a little off the top of my head but here goes anyway -

Will we have a new stadium ?
Will we be in the promised land of 2nd tier pro football ?
Will Ron Martin still be around ?
Will Harris have his contract extended ?
Will Freddie be mayor of Laindon ?
Most importantly - Will football in this country still be at the size it currently is or do you think like me that a number of clubs will fold because of this non stop premier elite. When I say a number of clubs, believe you me I include my beloved Southend in this.

Supporting a "new" Southend United playing part time .. there'll only be 2 professional leagues remaining Prem 1 and Prem 2, the creation of this sending 30+ clubs to the wall, ourselves included

And Fossetts would still be an undeveloped field

:'(

Hopefully dodging the daily lottery of ritual sacrifice to our lizard overlords.

Either that or still watching Come Dine With Me.

In 10 years time Ron and Tara will be saying they hope to be 'on site' in a month or two ;)

Wouldn't even hazard a guess on the answer most of those questions.
The last one about how English football will look in 10 years time is an interesting one though. If you had asked it any time from mid 70s to late 80s I would think a lot of people would have said then that football would be dead in a few years time - crowds were falling, hooligans were driving people away, the stadiums were crumbling.
Since then crowds have risen, doubled I think from mid-80s low point, and a lot of clubs have built new stadiums.
We seem to be entering another era of falling crowds (though nowhere near as dramatic (yet) as in early 80s). A wages cap forcing down unsustainable wages along with a sensible pricing policy to retain/attract fans may yet mean that many lower league clubs will still be around in a very similar form in 10 years time as they are now.

Supporting a "new" Southend United playing part time .. there'll only be 2 professional leagues remaining Prem 1 and Prem 2, the creation of this sending 30+ clubs to the wall, ourselves included

And Fossetts would still be an undeveloped field

:'(

And that my friends is the answer, I was just going to write exactly the same!

League 2 for the first time in 10 years after consective relegations from the championship...Steve Tilson arrives back to a 3 sided Sainsbury Stadium to take charge of the Shrimpers for a second time. Announces the signing of veteran striker Freddy Eastwood in a player coach role. Also Southend Release the Classic "Popular" Cherry Voltage away kit to celebrate 10 years since the last one......Bradford City do the the same :smile:

League 2 for the first time in 10 years after consective relegations from the championship...Steve Tilson arrives back to a 3 sided Sainsbury Stadium to take charge of the Shrimpers for a second time. Announces the signing of veteran striker Freddy Eastwood in a player coach role. Also Southend Release the Classic "Popular" Cherry Voltage away kit to celebrate 10 years since the last one......Bradford City do the the same :smile:
Brilliant ... That's the answer of the thread so far for me:) (my iPad isn't showing any little happy clappy head things:()

Best case scenario: Ron is long gone, Fossetts is built and Blues are an established lower Championship side.

Worst case scenario: AFC Southend play part time at Fossetts which is 2,000 capacity non-league ground.

Either out of business or we'll be a decent league one side playing in a 3 sided fossetts

Unless something major out the blue such as a mystery backer happens then I suspect we will be an average L1 or L2 club with gates of approx 5000 and a few decent players.

I will have won the biggest euro millions jackpot going and Southend Utd will be owned by me. We will have just been promoted to the premiership and will be in the Europa league after winning the league cup. We had a great couple of seasons with a young team that is ready to take the premiership by storm. Ricky Duncan has been promoted to first team manager and has a team mainly consisted of players he has brought through the youth ranks. The Stadium has been built to its original 22k spec and we are awaiting planning permission to expand to 30k

This country in general will be well into the next economic cycle,in financial terms,which will hopefully see us better positioned than now. As my cup is always half full,I expect us to be at least one of the better L1 clubs, possibly having been promoted to and relegated from the C'ship again in between and playing in a new stadium at Fossetts Farm, albeit maybe a bit of a lesser design than the original plans.

We will be playing Champions League football in front of 120,000 rabid fans at the Microsoft Coliseum, Fossetts Farm. Half time entertainment will be a dance off between the Bluebelles and the Dallas Cowboys' Cheerleaders.

If Martin, Brady and co are still in charge we will be playing at Fossetts Farm in a stadium with between one and three sides built on, losing money each week and fighting off administration. Brady will be trying to arm-twist the Shrimpers Trust for yet another £10k for some reason or other whilst still saying positive quotes "I have friends in the City".etc.

If they are not here then we can be far more optimistic, new stadium, Championship football, who knows!!

Back