• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
Ok I am thirty six years old my firs season I remember is around the 83/84 mark. I have seen every promotion winning game since then. All the big cup matches etc etc. I was always of the opinion that benji scoring that goal at bury and that promotion was simply the greatest. On the way to the car tonight I asked my dad 'was that better than bury' he was struggling to answer either way. And to be honest I am too. SUFC is quite simply in my very blood, embedded in my soul and to see us walk down wembley way to see the team come out of the tunnel has been my dream since childhood. I cried at the final whistle I am not ashamed to say it. In fact while writing this I think I may have answered my own question. What do you lot think

winning league one is top doing man u second.. this is er well er possibly better than both of those wembley!! fk me!!!

Got to be up there with the best of them. Let's hope Wembley can top tonight!!

Not ashamed to admit I shed a tear at the end at the thought of what has happened. For me this ranks above Man United but below our League Two play-off win.

for me the last cardif trip - worst was mk dons away in the freezing cold, open stand in hockey stadium, lost 2-1 i think and they would not let us out for about 15 mins after the game

Its up their for me purely because i got to go on the pitch and to think 2 and half years ago the squad had to be rebuilt from scratch near enough after relegation and now to be going to wembley is a major acheivement for this club.

Well done to players and fans alike.

All our Cardiff games have been great but Cardiff isn't and never will be (for me anyway) as special as Wembley. Beating Man Utd at The Hall is Imo the only thing on the same scale with this in our history. However seeing Southend United at Wembley is about as special as it gets.... May only ever be topped by actually winning there :whistling:

Ok I am thirty six years old my firs season I remember is around the 83/84 mark. I have seen every promotion winning game since then. All the big cup matches etc etc. I was always of the opinion that benji scoring that goal at bury and that promotion was simply the greatest. On the way to the car tonight I asked my dad 'was that better than bury' he was struggling to answer either way. And to be honest I am too. SUFC is quite simply in my very blood, embedded in my soul and to see us walk down wembley way to see the team come out of the tunnel has been my dream since childhood. I cried at the final whistle I am not ashamed to say it. In fact while writing this I think I may have answered my own question. What do you lot think

Tonight is down the list. The team worked hard to win although O's were the better team. Bury and Lincoln in play off has got to be up there. Been to two JPT finals, ok this is Wembley and a nice day out for everyone but promotion is what it's all about. You cried? Maybe you haven't seen as much as the rest of us.

Truly one of the most emotional nights for me at the Hall since 1969 when I attended my first game. For me only the Man utd game betters it.

Only old enough to clearly remember the Man U game. Last night was incredible but I don't think it was quite as special as the Man U game. Might be something to do with the fact that I can't go to Wembley!

Sunday 7 April 2013 will be a reward for everyone to connected to Southend United, past and present. It has always eluded us.

For that reason, last night was so special. Much more than beating Man Utd. Only the promotions can get near last night.

Last night was horrible/tense until the last minute not up there with Bury/Lincoln/Man Yoo/Swansea etc for me but not far behind Wembley will be without a doubt. Was surreal at the end I couldn't actually believe we had scored!

Last edited:
Couldn't be there last night but managed to stream the game (thanks for the link, Barnablue). Loved the scenes at the end of the game and then to cap it all, got a call to say grandchild Leon had just been born at 10.05. A perfect evening!

Me and my dad were saying after the game, "last minute winners to wembley just don't happen for sufc!" It was magical the atmosphere and the fans were class even in the east greens the chant were going!

Still buzzing! Can't wait to go to work and rub it in to all those "east Londoners from Southend" who backed orient due to wet spam!

KAY SARA SARA!

Back