• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
No cox again last night.

This is the player that Phil Brown said was our marquee signing and player that was a coup for the club .

Undoubtedly one of if not the highest earner at the club. Nowhere to be seen again.

Is this another mismanagement of a talented player or his he simply injured.

I have a horrible feeling that we may not see him play again and he has fallen foul of browns ego like many others before him.

Could it be something to do with losing the instructions to put the marquee up ?

I think it's simply the formation and Brown sees Mooney as the "target man" with one up top.

I think we will be seeing Cox again once Ranger is fit as they showed against Sheff Utd in 20 mins what damage they can do together

Ineffective in this system is my guess. Likely to see him when Ranger is back.

Don't think there is a big conspiracy here, Mooney fits the needs of the team better when playing 1 up top (not that he is ideal either).

Unfortunately he'll never be effective whilst we're playing with one up top and lumping it in the air.......there's a good player in there when you play to his strengths. Mainly being passing the ball to his feet on the bloody ground!

Its because that marquee doesnt suit Browns field. The marquee he bought was small and is only really useful when put alongside a bigger marquee that can withstand the battering from the elements.... then the new smaller marquee can be enjoyed for its superior quality.

If you put the smaller marquee on its own in the middle of a big field with nothing anywhere near it , it will not be what we want, and will get blown about too easily rendering it almost useless.

One thing's for sure, there was an awning great gap up front without him

No way could he play as the lone front man - I expect he'll be back when Ranger is fit.

Watching him pre-match and he looks quite heavy to me - unless he's always been that build of course?

Any way, he wasn't sulking or anything like that and seemed well engaged with the rest of the players.

Aside the gags,

Deeply disturbing these big signings end up benched,injured or are crap,poor fitness never helps their cause.

No way could he play as the lone front man - I expect he'll be back when Ranger is fit.

By which time he'll have lost any match sharpness he had built up when he was playing. By the time he recovers match fitness, Ranger will probably be injured again !

Cox is a great player but dare i say it Mooney is better at being the lone striker. When Ranger is fit Cox will surely be along side him and what a great partnership that could be.

Back