• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

russsufc

So the banks are paid of, and at the moment we are on the straight and narrow, but where is the building work for our new stadium which ron said would start in may,june,july and august!!

can anyone shed light on this topic as im sure we are all curious

The lego version is being built in ron's garage as we speak

He is not quite there yet.

1214985155_SPLASH.jpg

in the sky with the pie?
I reckon it will be built tommy, but this planning permission will expire, and theyll submit plans for some souless 12000 seater at FF with massive scaling down of the outer developments, just blocks of flats perhaps. sainsbuys power will push this new planning permission through quick so they can bulldoze the hall, and we'll have blackpool situation with maybe only 2 stands built.

the current form on the pitch has been a welcome distraction from the doom and gloom, but you only have to think slightly harder to remember all the **** thats hit the fan of late.
For the record i hope im totally and utterly wrong and were on site and in the championship by 2015.

Last edited:
I have my doubts it will happen, I hope it does but expect if it does it will be scaled down so a lego stadium may be the future, either that or a couple f nets in Sainsburys car park!

Certainly think its time for an update from Ron. Must admit I'm starting to wonder if it will ever happen & I've previously been an optimist.

Certainly think its time for an update from Ron. Must admit I'm starting to wonder if it will ever happen & I've previously been an optimist.

Why? Everything he says will be classed an outright lie... I think the silence eminating from the club since his three video-escapade is typical of the reaction to Tilson's sacking. He's had his fingers burned by being "open" in the past and he's probably learnt from his mistake.

That's not to say that, when/if work starts, the legendary black and white profile will be changed to an equally-as-legendary photo of him wearing a hard-hat and carrying a spade.

I think it will happen, as Southend and Martin have no future without it. My worry is who is going to pay for it, last i heared it was anything from 50mil to 80 mil, who is coming up with that amount of cash.

in the sky with the pie?
I reckon it will be built tommy, but this planning permission will expire, and theyll submit plans for some souless 12000 seater at FF with massive scaling down of the outer developments, just blocks of flats perhaps. sainsbuys power will push this new planning permission through quick so they can bulldoze the hall, and we'll have blackpool situation with maybe only 2 stands built.

the current form on the pitch has been a welcome distraction from the doom and gloom, but you only have to think slightly harder to remember all the **** thats hit the fan of late.
For the record i hope im totally and utterly wrong and were on site and in the championship by 2015.

Why would the other developments be scaled back? That's where the money is. If the plans are re-submitted I'd expect more extra developments, not fewer.

I've said it won't happen as well. But none of us know and I certainly won't be gloating I'm proven right.

Oh I dunno, seem's some people are having visions of RM in a Sainsburys hard hat trying to dig the first shovel full with a dodgy knee or two!!!

HMRC came along as a witness to the act!!!

Why would the other developments be scaled back? That's where the money is. If the plans are re-submitted I'd expect more extra developments, not fewer.

Totally agree beefy, just cant see it happening, and we havent got any money! and i cant see sainsburys wanting to build flats and shops, particularly the rumoured morrisons! :)

At this stage in the day surely money will be made from the roots hall plot, and a smaller ground would save a lot f cash, and blocks of flats could be sporadically built around it to no timeframe. this seems more likely to me. it would suck tho!

Why? Everything he says will be classed an outright lie... I think the silence eminating from the club since his three video-escapade is typical of the reaction to Tilson's sacking. He's had his fingers burned by being "open" in the past and he's probably learnt from his mistake.

That's not to say that, when/if work starts, the legendary black and white profile will be changed to an equally-as-legendary photo of him wearing a hard-hat and carrying a spade.

Maybe because that everything he says has turned out ot be lies !

The bloke doesnt seem to know how not to lie. Why say all funds are in place and we will be putting the site out to tender and will be on site by the end of july when clearly you wont be. I really cant see it happeining and i worry were that will leave us.

Back