• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

northbankblue

Ive tried to refrain from posting but its got the better of me and ive just gotta do it to let all at the club and those on here with the 'ive got a ticket im all rite attitude know!'
Having supported the club for over 25 years i had been waiting for a draw with a big club ie arsenal man u or liverpool for all of my years.
Then great this tie comes along and guess what i cant get a ticket.
No im not a season ticket holder but i was at Leeds in the previous round and have been to Scunthorpes, Wigan's(old ground),Darlington etc etc on midweek fixtures for many a season...been at the hall for the lowest league game attendance V Halifax on a tuesday in the 80's, also the lowest ever attendance V Northampton of around 600 for a freight rover trophy game, through the Anton Johnson years when we regularly attracted less than 2000....So im qualified to speak on this with real passion.
It cant just be me though im sure many other true fans are not going to be there i just hope i speak for you.
What annoys me is why the club couldnt have given the few hundred hardy souls that went to leeds a ticket opportunity as im sure these fans are the real fans more so than the new season ticket holders that the club has recently found. The real fans i talk about are the 3-4000 that would turn up next season if we got relegated and were in mid table, then the other annoying thing is the im all rite attitude of our fans over tickets...well i for one as ive said am not a season ticket holder and i live in east london not next door to roots hall im not a fairwether supporter but i do like to sing my heart out a t games....why then will the ground be filled with local mancs mixed in home areas when i and many others should have the tickets...tell me how was i supposed to get a ticket when its obvious that tickets have gone to man u supporters.
This sums our club up but as someone else has posted im sure no one will care from the club when i purchase my ticket in times of hardship! or even for the next northern away trip!
Sometimes i wish we were back in the lower leagues as better athmospheres existed people knew everyone around them and real fans could get into see my beloved team.
So if a manc is sitting next to you drown his voice out and tell him that many like me should have been in his seat!

Rant over!

I've got sympathy, but at the end of the day a lot of people who live further away than you do have made sure that they've got tickets. Thats the bottom line. Whatever policy the club put in place there would have been a lot of people who missed out.

You're right that the people who went to Leeds should have received priority, as should those who went to Bournemouth. But in order for that to have happened a system would have had to have been in place prior to the draw taking place. Can you imagine the outrage on here had the club annouced that Leeds stub holders would get priority, 24 hours after most people had gone would have binned their ticket? Hopefully the club will learn from this. But even then, would you have travelled down to the ticket office to get a seat on, say, wednesday if that was the day tickets went on sale to people who went to Leeds?

I totally understand your sentiment - and I was indeed with you amongst those 683 against Northampton Town - but sadly some of the people who run the football club (stand up Geoffrey King) don't understand such sentimentalism. It's pound signs that count and this game is providing the club with a huge amount of income - which is a good thing - and a huge amount of exposure - again a good factor. But this is the 21st Century and I don't think Geoffrey King would be able to determine a "regular supporter", as he so quaintly puts it, from any other supporter. Those thirty sheckles in your grubby little hands are all he's interested in. And, don't despair, for our Geoff is going to be quite fine in his director's box, taking in all the action. The rest of the stadium will be watching the game. Whilst I don't advocate physical abuse of any Man Ure fans in home areas (and I'd better stop here just in case a moderator closes the topic), you've just backed up what I have been saying all along: if a Man Ure fan begins to sing, don't point fingers, stamp your feet, throw teddy out of the pram - lean back, open your lungs, and SING LOUD for the boys in blue!! Do it for all those "regular supporters" who couldn't get a ticket.

Totally agree. I was also at all the games you mention the Halifax, Northampton, Darlo mid week. Luckily for me I am a season ticket holder and did get a ticket. I did mention to someone when in the queue that I felt the 250 odd at Leeds(Of which i was 1) should have been allowed to jon the season ticket holders from the Sunday. You go to 3 rounds of which I got home from Leeds at 2am get a great draw at home and then can't get to the game. It makes you not want big games in the future as your no guarentee of getting to go. I think SUFC needs to look at its away support and give a bit more acknowledgment to the time, money and effort people put in to follow the blues. I did moan in the echo a few years ago after I'd been to Carlisle a week after the LDV final and the fact they mentioned the 20,000 odd thousand at Cardiff with no mention of the 150 who then a week later went to Carlisle. The Editor at the time gave some rubbish reply that mentioning the 150 would undermine the effort they put in seems the club have the same view.

I know this sound 'i'm all right jack'. But if people have waited all night for tickets, then they deserve them, and the people who got there and saw the massive queue should make their own descion.

I do feel for you mate, I have had my say about this on other threads on here. I happen to think the club f%&ked it up big time, very little thought or consideration went into this but as others have said, do they particularly care?

I now think the moment has kind of passed though, it's been discussed to death on here, other boards, local newspaper, local radio and some have complained direct to the club.

Will they learn, you would like to think so but I wouldn't hold your breath? Football fans have always been treated like sh!te and taken for granted. This is nothing new, from p!ss poor facilities (literally), to over priced food and drink, to the risk of big brother type tactics should you dare to show any emotion during a game. It isn't exactly cheap for the privilege either is it?

So why is it like this then? I suggest it's because we know we will still continue to support our team whatever is thrown at us, and they know this too. They have us, "the regular fans" courtesy of Mr King (via Xabia) in the bag, they dont need to try too hard to please us do they, we will still be there when we are back playing Macclesfield and Barnet, we know that, they know that, sad maybe.. but true!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,12:09)]I know this sound 'i'm all right jack'. But if people have waited all night for tickets, then they deserve them, and the people who got there and saw the massive queue should make their own descion.
This <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>sanctimonious drivel </span> is really starting to annoy me. And I speak as someone who was quite prepared to emulate Aberdeen and drive 1500 miles twice in 8 days with 3 kids to see the match, before I was shot down because I couldn't get respite/cover for my missus. And that is the point. There are loads of people who are absolutely deserving of a ticket, FAR MORE SO THAN MAN U FANS WHO HAPPEN TO LIVE LOCALLY AND CAN SPARE THE TIME TO QUEUE who couldn't get one through no fault of their own! Home seats are for HOME FANS! Away fans get a generous allocation and that is where they should bloody well stay!

The system put into place, though probably as good as could  be done in the time availabe (once Somerset Shrimper had wised up RM about the ridiculous one-for-one restriction) was seriously flawed. We have to get some sort of plan in place to ensure that in future SOUTHEND FANS have every opportunity to get tickets whatever their personal circumstances. One of the biggest matches we have ever played and far too  many fans have been left with a bitter taste in their mouths because of it. It simply isn't good enough.

The club MUST get organised, either with a simple membership scheme so that fans of the opposition team can't get a ticket simply by attending one match and queing, or by organising their data base so that tickets only go to fans who have bought home tickets previously.

And before I'm told again that it is a waste of time for a little club like ours, and this situation is a one off, so was going to the Mill Stad against Blackpool. Some one off! The club must act to stop this happening ever again!

suspect.gif

mad.gif

PS my four Hull tickets, I am happy to say, went to an SUFC fan who also managed to get Man U tickets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Nov. 04 2006,12:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,12:09)]I know this sound 'i'm all right jack'. But if people have waited all night for tickets, then they deserve them, and the people who got there and saw the massive queue should make their own descion.
This <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>sanctimonious drivel </span> is really starting to annoy me. And I speak as someone who was quite prepared to emulate Aberdeen and drive 1500 miles twice in 8 days with 3 kids to see the match, before I was shot down because I couldn't get respite/cover for my missus. And that is the point. There are loads of people who are absolutely deserving of a ticket, FAR MORE SO THAN MAN U FANS WHO HAPPEN TO LIVE LOCALLY AND CAN SPARE THE TIME TO QUEUE who couldn't get one through no fault of their own! Home seats are for HOME FANS! Away fans get a generous allocation and that is where they should bloody well stay!

The system put into place, though probably as good as could  be done in the time availabe (once Somerset Shrimper had wised up RM about the ridiculous one-for-one restriction) was seriously flawed. We have to get some sort of plan in place to ensure that in future SOUTHEND FANS have every opportunity to get tickets whatever their personal circumstances. One of the biggest matches we have ever played and far too  many fans have been left with a bitter taste in their mouths because of it. It simply isn't good enough.

The club MUST get organised, either with a simple membership scheme so that fans of the opposition team can't get a ticket simply by attending one match and queing, or by organising their data base so that tickets only go to fans who have bought home tickets previously.

And before I'm told again that it is a waste of time for a little club like ours, and this situation is a one off, so was going to the Mill Stad against Blackpool. Some one off! The club must act to stop this happening ever again!

suspect.gif

mad.gif

PS my four Hull tickets, I am happy to say, went to an SUFC fan who also managed to get Man U tickets.
Well said sir!

If Col Ewe can operate a loyalty scheme based on match credits then why cant we???

Because Col******r are far mor elikely to sell out their tiny ground than we are.

How many times are we going to need a loyalty scheme-type system this season? Col******r away is the only league game we&#39;ve had where we&#39;ve had more Southend fans wanting tickets than there were tickets available.

We could have easily drawn Notts County in the cup and then none of this would have happened.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Nov. 04 2006,12:55)]Because Col******r are far mor elikely to sell out their tiny ground than we are.

How many times are we going to need a loyalty scheme-type system this season? Col******r away is the only league game we&#39;ve had where we&#39;ve had more Southend fans wanting tickets than there were tickets available.

We could have easily drawn Notts County in the cup and then none of this would have happened.
But it did, Beefy and the result is a LOT of ****ed off fans. As I said above who would have thought that we would go to the Mil Stad three times in two years? We have to be prepared for this sort of thing however unlikely. And it isn&#39;t even a difficult or expensive thing to implement - if it is a subscription loyalty scheme, like Plymouth&#39;s for example, it can make the club money at the same time as keeping many more fans happy.* It isn&#39;t just the probability of an event that needs to be considered - it is also the consequences if it does happen and isn&#39;t properly handled.

*You can please all of the fans some of the time.... etc

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Nov. 04 2006,12:55)]Because Col******r are far mor elikely to sell out their tiny ground than we are.

Their scheme has also been used for away games though, ie, Chelsea and Southampton (last season) and most recently Norwich. I guess It will also be useful for their matches against us and Ipswich away.

We might have got Notts County but we didn&#39;t. We might get another big club in the FA Cup, or in the next round of the League Cup..??

It doesn&#39;t take much planning or organisation, all the information is already in place.

In any event yes, Col******r have a smaller ground, but they also have a smaller fan base.

But it has Beefy, and we've got the third round of the FA cup coming up. The club has made a monumental ****-up in allocation of these tickets and a simple database system or a £5 membership fee for a supporters club would of simply solved this and got tickets in the "right hands"

With Man Utd fans in the home end, tensions will be high and I can see a few fights kicking off, especially if they're battering us.

[b said:
[b said:

suspect.gif

mad.gif

Well said Sir!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,13:15)]what ever way the club did it people were going to miss out and be upset though
But they&#39;ve upset SOUTHEND UNITED supporters. The one&#39;s that should be upset are the plastic Mancs who couldn&#39;t even point to Manchester in an atlas.

I didn&#39;t think I could hate Manure more. I hope Glazer bleeds them dry and they end up like Leeds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,13:15)]what ever way the club did it people were going to miss out and be upset though
The club have a duty to ensure that their fan base is not disadvantaged in these situations. As I said above, it simply isn&#39;t possible to satisfy everybody, but every effort should be made to satisfy as many SOUTHEND FANS as possible, and that clearly hasn&#39;t happened. It is too late to change that now, but there can be no excuse for not making sure that it doesn&#39;t happen again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 04 2006,13:19)]
[b said:
[b said:

suspect.gif

mad.gif

Well said Sir!
Plagiarism..!!!

I think you should consider banning yourself..
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Nov. 04 2006,13:34)]Plagiarism..&#33;&#33;&#33;

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

I&#39;m happy to acknowledge the copyright infringement - take it as a compliment to your fine previous work

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 04 2006,13:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Nov. 04 2006,13:34)]Plagiarism..&#33;&#33;&#33;

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

I&#39;m happy to acknowledge the copyright infringement - take it as a compliment to your fine previous work

cool.gif
Thanks...
cool.gif

Back