• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
After enduring yet another attempt at us to give promotion a miss this season, I cant help wondering if all this talk of Tilly running the Marathon tomorrow is something both he and the club can do without.

As we enter our most important end to a season for years, surely the only focus he should have right now is ensuring we achieve promotion, closely followed by the title.

Before anyone says it, yes you are right, if we had won today or last weekend, then I probably wouldnt have posted this, and it wouldnt have crossed my mind. But the fact is, we have taken one point from nine, including two home games against two middle of the road League One teams, and got out of jail at Barnsley last weekend.

My biggest problem with all of this has been the performance of our manager, not our players.

There are players who are playing now who have no right to, whether it be through tiredness, or just lack of form, they should be rested and other players who are fresh and raring to go, being given a chance.

Why does Tilly refuse to change things during a game when they are not working out? Against Gillingham there was a change made with less than ten minutes left, when it should have happened much earlier, up at Barnsley, why didnt the pace of Gray and Cole come on earlier to finish them off and why was it left so late until today before the changes were made again?

Players like Gower should not be playing right now, and Mitchell Cole is fit, fresh and raring to go, so why not play him? Why was Benno only given 5 minutes today when he is fresh and raring to go? I just dont understand it, the team are clearly struggling and yet no changes are being made.

Cole has to start next week, and in my opinion, so does Benno, even if that means sacrificing the Goat for Bradbury to play up front.

Whatever the combination, Tilly needs to start thinking about changing things and freshening things up before it is too late, because believe me, if he doesnt, we are relying on the others to slip up for us to go up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ April 22 2006,18:59)]Why does Tilly refuse to change things during a game when they are not working out?  Against Gillingham there was a change made with less than ten minutes left, when it should have happened much earlier, up at Barnsley, why didnt the pace of Gray and Cole come on earlier to finish them off and why was it left so late until today before the changes were made again?

Cole has to start next week, and in my opinion, so does Benno, even if that means sacrificing the Goat for Bradbury to play up front.
Agreed.

And

Agreed.

With his first involvement Mitchell skinned 3 players and crossed superbly to set up a chance, whilst Gower spent all his time running down blind alleys. Another gripe has to be though why the hell don't we give Mitchell the ball more!? I made the point when JCR was here that he was supplied time after time whilst Cole was ignored, even without JCR here the same still has to be said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 22 2006,19:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ April 22 2006,18:59)]Why does Tilly refuse to change things during a game when they are not working out? Against Gillingham there was a change made with less than ten minutes left, when it should have happened much earlier, up at Barnsley, why didnt the pace of Gray and Cole come on earlier to finish them off and why was it left so late until today before the changes were made again?

Agreed.

And

Agreed.

With his first involvement Mitchell skinned 3 players and crossed superbly to set up a chance, whilst Gower spent all his time running down blind alleys. Another gripe has to be though why the hell don't we give Mitchell the ball more!? I made the point when JCR was here that he was supplied time after time whilst Cole was ignored, even without JCR here the same still has to be said.
But Cole limped off in the reserve game at Barnet, is he ready for a full 90 minutes.
The one thing this shows at this time of the season is how small our squad is.
Even if one player is off form it damages us.

He's fit enough for more than the 10 or 15 minutes he's being given at the moment though.

benno should start at swansea and hopefully he will kick trundle in the air .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 22 2006,19:32)]He's fit enough for more than the 10 or 15 minutes he's being given at the moment though.
Yes why does Tilly leave it so late in the game to bring any subs on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ April 22 2006,19:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 22 2006,19:32)]He's fit enough for more than the 10 or 15 minutes he's being given at the moment though.
Yes why does Tilly leave it so late in the game to bring any subs on.
has he got a watch

Bloody hell!!!

The Tilson out brigade are a little earlier than i thought!

Leave the bloke alone. We are still top by 3 points with 2 games left. Just because we were a steaming pile of crap today. Let it go.

Tilly running the marathon had nothing to do with today. Jesus!

We'll be up next Saturday it's just a wobble every club has them.

Should have added this to my last opst.

I hope Tilly wins the Marathon tomorrow, with Turner in Second and Chris Phillips in third.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCEssex @ April 22 2006,20:12)]and Chris Phillips in third.
did you spell that correctly.....thougt you meant ****!  
laugh.gif

Back