• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Where's Sammy?

Riccyboy

I wonder if you could help me? Before Sammy the Shrimper last shed his skin to be reincarnated as the current matchday crustacean we have come to know and love, he was a bright pink fluffy creature. Since the football club no longer loans out the present Sammy outfit (poor show!) for special events like birthday parties, I'm trying to get hold of the earlier costume, that is if the current owner would let me borrow it for a few days for a very good cause. I seem to remember that it was auctioned-off a few years ago. Any chance of contacting me if you know of the whereabouts of Sammy Mk I? Riccyboy.

Well thats just say if your able to wear the original costume for longer than 10 mins without it falling apart then you have done well. The reason why the old one was scrapped was because it just fell apart. I think one of the eyes came of, which could be quite a funny sights, doing a party or something, got lots of kids there and your eye suddenly falls of.

It sound as if it is actually Sammy Mark II you are after.

Sammy Mark I was the duvet with the cows tits hanging from its arse!

Sammy Mark II has gone I am afraid - The actual costume itself moulded over and had to be thrown away. Part of the head fell apart although you are correct in saying that the remaining head is out there somewhere - Last I heard in someones bedroom but that was just hear'say.

Sammy Mark III has I believe been earmarked for a makeover...he needs one at least!!

Back