• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Where's the new away kit?

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
I want to see it, be amazed/disgusted and then hand over regardless then 60 sovs for the full shebang with name number and patches.

Hurry!

What the one that will be the SUFC customised (e.g. badge & insure&go logos) version of this???

NikeClassicYellow.jpg

If I give you £30 will you go down Soccer Direct or whatever it's called these days, get me an Arsenal shirt, stick an insure and go logo over the top and stitch a nice Southend logo into it please?

Just done some trawling and found this. Apparently Ron's personally given a free sponsorship and claims he's had no personal gain from it...

NikeClassicYellow.jpg

Surely we won't be chaning the yellow kit? We haven't even had it a whole season - that is taking the **** surely?

Both the 08/09 home & 3rd kit were one year only designs and so are now no longer available from Nike. Therefore both will change, RM said the same in an early blog (with the hint yellow is likely as T&B think it helps the team pick each other out).

Would be very happy another yellow away.

Guessing the red would be the third?

Would be very happy another yellow away.

Guessing the red would be the third?

Would we actually need a third kit if the away shirt is yellow as expected?

Can't think of any teams we'd require one for to be honest.

Both the 08/09 home & 3rd kit were one year only designs and so are now no longer available from Nike. Therefore both will change, RM said the same in an early blog (with the hint yellow is likely as T&B think it helps the team pick each other out).

Still think it's a farce. The current yellow shirt was obviously launched for the Christmas market and a lot of people would have bought them as presents. They will already be out of date well before the following Christmas. Whatever excuse they come up with that's a big con!

Still think it's a farce. The current yellow shirt was obviously launched for the Christmas market and a lot of people would have bought them as presents. They will already be out of date well before the following Christmas. Whatever excuse they come up with that's a big con!

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more - to the extent that, in a burst of amazing generosity and support for those unfortunate enought to find themselves owners of a medium-sized one of these yellow-elephants, I will be prepared to purchase said out of date number for a reasonable price....

:whistling:

I think calling it a con is a bit harsh.

No one is forced to part with their money and we all suspected the shirts would only be current until the end of the season. Any of last seasons shirts that have been bought can, believe it or not, still be worn and if you buy this seasons shirt then expect it to last for one season (unless Ron says otherwise).

Id be interested to know how much the club makes from shirt sales, but if they kept the shirts again this season then I would think revenue would be minimal from that source.

OK, maybe not con but it is taking liberties a bit. Of course you can still wear it and I do wear old shirts fairly regularly myself. However it does smack of trying to extract as much money out of fans as possible.

I like the thing England shirts have now with a date on them so you know how long before they are replaced by a new design. That would at least enable people to make an informed choice before they buy rather than second guess.

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more - to the extent that, in a burst of amazing generosity and support for those unfortunate enought to find themselves owners of a medium-sized one of these yellow-elephants, I will be prepared to purchase said out of date number for a reasonable price....

:whistling:

Keep an eye on eBay.
I got a 08/09 home shirt on there for a tenner a couple of weeks back!

Back