• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which big London club has feed us the best/worst players over the years.

DTS

The Business
I reckon in recent years its got to be Spurs. From memory we have had Gower,Maher, Steve Kelly,Guy Butters and now Barney all of whom have been I think good signings.

Only crap ones I can recall coming from there are Jason Cook & Ronnie Henry.

Worst has got to be Arsenal I reckon with the jank that is Nicolau, Gilbert and going back Canigigigigigigigigigigigigia.

Could aruge Palace (If you class them as a big club) going further back with Powell and Collymore I guess..

Thoughts.

I reckon in recent years its got to be Spurs. From memory we have had Gower,Maher, Steve Kelly,Guy Butters and now Barney all of whom have been I think good signings.

Worst has got to be Arsenal I reckon with the jank that is Nicolau, Gilbert and going back Canigigigigigigigigigigigigia.

Could aruge Palace (If you class them as a big club) going further back with Powell and Collymore I guess..

Thoughts.

Spurs also provided Eddie Clayton and David Lee

Andy Ansah came from Palace as did Boere

West Ham gaves us Brush, Lampard, Lee Hodges, Lee Chapman

Millwall - Sammy , Dave Martin, Kevin O Callaghan

Orient Richard Cadette, Ricky Otto

Barnet, Jonathon Hunt, Gary Poole, Nicky Bailey

Barnet

Keeper?
Poole Bodley Howell Left-back?
Hunt Bailey Codner Gower
Willis Richards

Sub Payne (I'd rather play with 10 men - including Pony Richards - than allow him to start)

Tonights opponents provided

Sammy
thumbsup8de.gif

Cort
icon16.gif

Rio Alderton
rotfl.gif

And Escape to Victory's Kevin O'Callaghan.

Ex Spurs XI

No keeper
R. Henry S. Kelly G. Butters M. Stead
M. Gower S. Thurgood D. Lee A. Turner
R. Hollis P. Moran

Subs P. Beadle (maybe with his one big hand he could go in goal, he must be better there than up front)
D. Foot
K. Maher
J. Cook

Youth team manager D. Greaves

Eddie Clayton and Len Bolan were both well before my time. Maybe Cricko or someone could let us know what they were like

Ex- Arsenal XI

Goy
right wing-back? Scully Nicolau
M. Black D. Jack Selley A.Clarke
T. Black
P. Read Caggigao

Ian McKechnie and the brilliantly named Gordon Nutt also came from Ar$enal but before my time again and I don't know what positions they played.

Ex- Arsenal XI

Goy
T. Black
P. Read Caggigao

Ian McKechnie and the brilliantly named Gordon Nutt also came from Ar$enal but before my time again and I don't know what positions they played.

Surely Gilbert would fill that space?

Ex- Arsenal XI

Goy
T. Black
P. Read Caggigao

Pretty sure McKechnie was a keeper who I vaguely remember from when I went in the days of Arthur Rowley as manager.

Yes - that is a long while ago!!!!!

Ex Spurs XI

No keeper
R. Henry S. Kelly G. Butters M. Stead
M. Gower S. Thurgood D. Lee A. Turner
R. Hollis P. Moran

Subs P. Beadle (maybe with his one big hand he could go in goal, he must be better there than up front)
D. Foot
K. Maher
J. Cook

Youth team manager D. Greaves

Eddie Clayton and Len Bolan were both well before my time. Maybe Cricko or someone could let us know what they were like

Eddie Clayton is one of the best players I've seen in a Southend shirt.

Thoughts.

Gower is from Barnet, not Spurs

Ex- Arsenal XI

Goy
T. Black
P. Read Caggigao

Peter Goy in goal would have been well before your time also.

Another decent ex Arsenal keeper we had was Malcolm Webster.

Ian McKechnie was a decent keeper, he went to Hull around the same time as Frankie Banks IIRC.

Back