• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which bit of Roots Hall would you take...

Shrimp in a Kilt

..to Fossets Farm, and why?

Inspired by SBH's question in another thread, I would take the North bank for the away fans. This would serve three purposes:

1. The away fans would continue to have cramped accomodation and a crap view, as is only fitting.

2. They could make all the noise they like, and be convinced that they had outsung us, but we would hardly hear them because of the barrel roof

3. It would allow the Nostalgics amongst us to continue the "We Want the North Bank Back" campaign in perpetuity.

The burgers! Actually, i bet they will be coming anyway, just reheated!
laugh.gif

The top half of the church that pokes up over the top of the east stand from where i sit in the west.....and resited using highly sopisticsted scaffolding to give the mock appearance of a church behind the new stadium.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Oct. 05 2006,09:10)]Not strictly Roots Hall , but the Fish House has become an important part of my pre-match routine.
Spot on. The Fish House and the Spread will need to be airlifted and dumped right next to the new ground.

Is it possible to take something that doesn't exist? If we can I would take the lack of space in the corners restricting the run ups for corners to about 2 steps, so that we can still all moan when they go wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Oct. 05 2006,09:10)]Not strictly Roots Hall , but the Fish House has become an important part of my pre-match routine.
On the detailed overhead plan, right in the middle of the entrance plaza, is a building designated as a "fast food restaurant".  I know it won't happen, as it'll end up being a plastic burger house, but I can dream of that being a Fish House franchise!  Marvellous.  

I'd even be able to nip out at half time were a Lucky Gherkin to be required.  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Oct. 05 2006,09:58)]
[b said:
On the detailed overhead plan, right in the middle of the entrance plaza, is a building designated as a "fast food restaurant".  I know it won't happen, as it'll end up being a plastic burger house, but I can dream of that being a Fish House franchise!  Marvellous.  

biggrin.gif
Good call regarding The Fish House.

And GREAT call for installing it as the "fast food restaurant" by the entrance. Whatever goes there is going to make money for the club so why not restrict the bidding restauranteurs and make it something special!

Go on, you know what to do Ron, Ron...

[b said:
[b said:
On the detailed overhead plan, right in the middle of the entrance plaza, is a building designated as a "fast food restaurant". I know it won't happen, as it'll end up being a plastic burger house, but I can dream of that being a Fish House franchise! Marvellous.

biggrin.gif
Here here

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 05 2006,10:09)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif

And GREAT call for installing it as the "fast food restaurant" by the entrance. Whatever goes there is going to make money for the club so why not restrict the bidding restauranteurs and make it something special!

Blimey you lot are slow. See my second post on the first page:-

Shrimperzone MARCH 2006

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 05 2006,14:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 05 2006,10:09)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif

Blimey you lot are slow. See my second post on the first page:-

Shrimperzone MARCH 2006
Yeah, you're right, sorry.
Can't believe I missed that!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 05 2006,14:09)]Blimey you lot are slow. See my second post on the first page:-
Sorreee!  

Being dim as I am I didn't realise in March that there would be a Fast Food Restaurant designated in the Entrance Plaza area of the new stadium.  If I'd spotted it at the time in the design I'd have suggested it then!

Back