• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which country do you most like England to beat?

Which country's sports teams do you most like England to beat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reg Martin

No Relation
After Saturday's events in the rugby, I was wondering whether the Aussies are now the country most English sport followers like to see our teams beat.
Hopefully the options cover all the main traditional villains.
My own vote goes to Scotland as they seem to be the only country that actively supports England's opponents in any sport (with possible exception of cricket as I have met England-cricket team supporting Scots.)

All of them. But you forgot the Welsh!

Did think of including the Welsh but as the intention was for people to pick one country above all others, I assumed people would always pick Scotland ahead of Wales... but there is an 'Other' option on poll.

I wonder if there's any correlation between cricket fans and hating Australia most..

Scotland. out of that list scotland would prove the most embarrassing if they beat us.

For me it varies by sport. Who Id most like to beat..... Assuming all matches were as big as they could be in that sport (so excluding friendlies), Id vote for beating the Convicts in the Ashes, beating German in a Football World Cup, then beating the Ozzies in a Rugby World Cup.

Not too bothered about Scotland, obviously would rather we didnt lose to them, but when they play other teams, such as France, Id always rather the Scots won.

However, who I support least....would have to be Germany, as I cannot forsee a game where Id rather they won (Germany v Argentina would be a close call)....Whereas Id have to admit to sometimes subconsiously wanting Australia to win at rugby and cricket against the likes of France, South Africa, India etc.

Back