• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which former player...

Even our all time super hero Ron, got relegated to the 4th division 3 times 75/76, 79/80 and 83/84.....

In fact the whole team that ran away with Division 4 in 80/81 got relegated in 79/80. Sometimes things are beyond control.

We kept Dave Smith as manager and it really payed off, as he knew what was needed.

In todays snowflake world that would never happen. Even the players know it, so slacken off when the smell blood, then step it back up when the new man arrives. Every one buys the new manager bounce theory and the players who took the P*** get off scot-free

As much as I would like to mention acouple of great CB's or Butler types in CM, we now need more than clean sheets. Goals would lift everyone.

We need target man who can score. So In his prime when he played for us, I give you Tom Hopper.

For an attacking mid-fielder who not only has pace, scares the opposition but his runs have an end product. Again at his best.....Dru Yearwood.

Football.....Its a funny old game.

1. This one is tough! Nicky Bailey is the kind of player we have really needed in the middle of the park so I completely get the calls for him, in his prime he offered so much defensively and attacking, plus some much needed grit. The thing that stops me putting him in is that we have had options in the middle and the injury crisis has affected other areas. We have seemed short of quality wide players so Ricky Otto appeals a lot too. Gonna go Collymore and guaranteed goals though, he can create something from nothing, run down defences on his own and the goals would relieve pressure on what seems quite a mentally weak team overall.

2. Collymore again for the reasons above, he'd smash this level of foootball

As much as I would like to mention acouple of great CB's or Butler types in CM, we now need more than clean sheets. Goals would lift everyone.

We need target man who can score. So In his prime when he played for us, I give you Tom Hopper.

For an attacking mid-fielder who not only has pace, scares the opposition but his runs have an end product. Again at his best.....Dru Yearwood.

Football.....Its a funny old game.

Err.......Dru hasn’t scored a senior goal yet......

For steel and no rubbish permitted from anyone around him Peter Butler.

For scoring 99% of 1 on 1s, able to operate alone David Crown.

Both these guys played almost exclusively at the level we are at AND bossed it. Both should have played higher, both honest, solid and reliable for 8/10 performances every game.

I can think of so many.. Mike Marsh, Ricky Otto, Spencer Prior, Simon Royce even Shaun Goater and Leon Cort and for real pace Wayne Gray.

But at their best and as we need goals, it would have to be Stan and Freddy. Both could create their own chances from nothing and with the poo non creating midfield that we currently have we need players like them imo

Err.......Dru hasn’t scored a senior goal yet......

Indeed. But his runs against Gillingham away, Bradford and Pompey last season for example resulted in goals for others.

At the moment we have CM's who couldn't kick a ball 40yds forward, let alone run with it.

Oh and when on his game he wins a real good tackle. Have a look at the all important first goal v MK at the end of last season

Indeed. But his runs against Gillingham away, Bradford and Pompey last season for example resulted in goals for others.

At the moment we have CM's who couldn't kick a ball 40yds forward, let alone run with it.

Oh and when on his game he wins a real good tackle. Have a look at the all important first goal v MK at the end of last season
For sure the bulk of our senior midfield don't have to much forward drive and pace. Playing against them the opposition are not likely to be having to think much about speed and movement. Too much slow slow and safe is not producing enough so Rigsby has IMO made a good shout.

Shane westley took no rubbish, was massive at the back and lethal attacking set pieces.

Back