• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which Hollywood star?

Hollywood actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have lost nearly £3m in a year since taking over Wrexham FC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65142947
And therein lies the size of the problem, anyone taking us over would need to spend at least that if not more to get into L2 where the financial fair play rules kick in.

Right now Wrexham are a fairytale but not all stories have happy endings.

The Wrexham losses are for the previous year, a lot has happened since then and more is planned like the trip to the US.

Wouldn't mind betting it won't be the same next time they announce year end figures

Hollywood actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have lost nearly £3m in a year since taking over Wrexham FC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65142947
Like I said in the other thread. Clubs like ours are not a good investment, but a rich mans play thing. Ryan Reynolds net worth is $350 Million. So what he loses at Wrexham is peanuts. We need someone like that.

And therein lies the size of the problem, anyone taking us over would need to spend at least that if not more to get into L2 where the financial fair play rules kick in.

I bet that you would swop RM for the Hollywood 2!

I bet that you would swop RM for the Hollywood 2!
I absolutely would, I'd swap rm for Bertie Basset though.

Just because it works for them doesn't mean it'll work for us, as Ryan Reynolds said in the first episode of their documentary there is a version of the story where they end up being the villains and it isn't entirely in their hands.

I don't agree with that. Wrexham are an extreme. We could compete at the top end on the budget we have now as long as there's no issues with payment and embargos I'd be disappointed if we didn't make playoffs. The off the field problems have killed us this season....like it has for many years

Back