• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Which loanees are you happy with?

Who has actually improved us.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
MULTIPLE VOTES ARE ALLOWED !!!!

Got a fair few players on loan right now. Who do you rate and who has really improved the side.

For me M Voto first time round was superb but he looks poor now. Baldwin I like, Vernon I think is useless and Malone I think is one of my most disliked Blues players ever. Just wondering if others feel the same.

Baldwin i would love to see signed permanently, has a real calming influence to him, the others are no better or are even worse than what we already have at the club...

All of them have improved us really!

M'voto is just not fit but he gets a vote for playing half descent before his injury!

Baldwin is a winner though!

I haven't exactly been unhappy with any of them to be honest.

M'voto came in earlier on in the season and produced a handful of very solid performances, picked up a very nasty injury and was rushed back for us to when we had problems at the back. It hasn't done him any favours at all and he still looks like he could use a stone, but there's a decent player in there somewhere.

Baldwin I'd like to sign permanently. Him and Barrett look like forging a very good partnership and he's the archetypal lower league defender we've been craving for a number of years now. If in doubt, hoof it out.

Vernon puzzles me. Very much like Bradbury, he's a striker with no killer instinct whatsoever. It doesn't make him a bad player, he excels at holding the ball up and looking to bring the midfield into play... We just don't have a midfield to bring in to play. That said, I wouldn't like to waste a wage on a player whose role could be filled by Paterson.

Scott Malone, until recently, was a good acquisition. He's definitely gone off the boil as of late but defensively he's sound enough for this level. There isn't an awful lot of difference between him and Herd, though.

The best loanee we've had isn't on that list. I'd move Heaven and Earth to have Sean Morrison here at the moment.

Vernon wont be here next season so it would have been lovely to try and get a partnership going with Spencer and Patterson.
M'voto just seems to be using us to very very slowly regain match fitness....Does he have a relagation fight in him? Don't thibk he does.
Dont get me started on mr malnourished (sp) Malone, i have not seen for quite some time a full back who cant A) tackle B) cannot mark a man or C) can never find a team mate with a pass, now i dont believe herd is much better but he is ours so surely should be given a nice long run in the team.

Both Col U boys for me have really improved the team. Baldwin is the type of playing that Barrett wished had been there from the beginning of the season. Vernons hold up play is excellent, and links up well with Spencer and Patterson.

M'voto for me was good, then got injuried and cann't seem to get back to how he was. Malone may well be good, but we have been spoiled of late for left backs at this club. Hammell, Mulgrew, Harding, Friend etc He probably does a solid enough job, but i'll always be comparing him to those before him (and Johnny Herd on the bench)

Baldwin is a rock. My colchester mate was quite suprised that we acctually got him on loan as Baldwin would be his first choice centre half over the other lanky one we had at the start of the season.

Baldwin over any of the rest.

Been the best one so far this season............

I would all bar M'voto have done well for us.

Pat has been solid at the back and him and Barrett seem to be linking well.

Malone I think is a good player. His last few performances have been a bit wishy-washy but defensively is a lot better than Herd imo.

Vernon has been really good for us as well. Works hard, wins stuff in the air and Patterson seems to link well with him.

And sorry ESB, can't agree about Morrison. He had some good games but he was at fault for a number of goals for us. Would take Pat over him any day.

Got to be Baldwin and Vernon, in that order.

Baldwin, I would love to see us sign him on a permanent, he has linked up well with Barrett in the centre of defence, and really done well for us!
Vernon has done well, would of loved to see him score more goals for us in his time he has played on the pitch, but has linked up well with Paterson and Spencer.

However, Malone isn't as good as Johnny Herd in my opinion. It makes me wonder why we play him every game he is available to be honest.
Mvoto, when he initially came to us at the beginning of the season, he was solid, dependant, strong, not afraid to win that ball, and an intimidating player at the back. Then he had a big injury, and with that big injury, came a big change. He hasn't been the same player now as he was when he came to us at the beginning of the season. His defending has been really poor, with him slipping up, and not winning the ball as much, and his confidence on the ball, isn't the best at the moment.

The only player I would like us to sign on a permanent, is Baldwin, the rest just haven't proved enough to me in their loan spells to the club.

Baldwin my favourite by far, mind you I also liked John White who isn't on that list. Vernon is a strange one, he's a goalscorer by reputation at every club he's been at....except here. He has a brilliant game and then he has a bad one. M'voto never "clicked" for me, even when some on here were praising him, like Scott Malone, also thought Matt Heath was ok. Lee Sawyer is yesterday's news, never did as well this season when he featured as he did last.

Baldwin seems to be putting things together in our defence. I like M'voto before he got injured, he can just never get back to his old good form again. Like when we beat Leyton orient 3-0 at home earlier this season, M'voto played quality.
Vernon is ok, hard working but i don't think we will keep hold of him. Would like to see Pat Baldwin sign for us permenantly. Not sure if he will?
Malone...The odd 1 really good game then he just doesn't play good enough, We've got Herd in our team who isn't on loan so i don't see why we don't play Herd.

For me...Best loan out of them 4 is Baldwin :)

I've gone for Baldwin he's looked good, Vernon is too similar to Paterson, Malone is pretty crap and what has happened to M'Voto? He looked like a beast when he was first here, but it looks like to me he's still injured!

Back