• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which phone?

You laugh but my Xperia Z3 did. It's so smooth and flat-surfaced that it would often throw itself off of any surface which wasn't perfectly flat. It woke me up a few times in the middle of the night having jumped off of my bedside table.

You laugh but my Xperia Z3 did. It's so smooth and flat-surfaced that it would often throw itself off of any surface which wasn't perfectly flat. It woke me up a few times in the middle of the night having jumped off of my bedside table.

Are you sure that wasn't your teeth and the glass you keep them in at night that fell on the floor :winking:

What are people's views on iPhone v Samsung v HTC?

Don't discount the Nokia windows phones. I got rid of all my Apple stuff and now have a Nokia 930 which is great. Comes with Excel and word which is handy, easily compatible with my PC and Surface, decent camera easy to use.

You also have the option of viewing web pages in mobile or desktop format which is quite good for some of the betting sites. Also wireless charging is a good feature. Also reads out text via Bluetooth in the car and you can reply by talking to it which is handy.

Not had an Android phone so cant really compare but my techy son has gone with the Sony fully waterproof thing which is fine except his mates keep putting it in his beer and ringing it.

Also, Microsoft bought Nokia so updates should be pretty quick. I would think there isn't a lot to choose between most top priced phones these days, so doubt if you can make a bad choice whatever you go for.

iPhone for me. Had the 4S for ages and have now upgraded to the iPhone 6. I find them a lot easier to use & a lot more logical than the Samsung I had before returning it for the 4S.

The battery life on the 6 is a lot better than expected, especially considering the games I play on it!

iPhone for me. Had the 4S for ages and have now upgraded to the iPhone 6. I find them a lot easier to use & a lot more logical than the Samsung I had before returning it for the 4S.

The battery life on the 6 is a lot better than expected, especially considering the games I play on it!

iPhones are simple for a reason :winking:

Don't discount the Nokia windows phones. I got rid of all my Apple stuff and now have a Nokia 930 which is great. Comes with Excel and word which is handy, easily compatible with my PC and Surface, decent camera easy to use.

You also have the option of viewing web pages in mobile or desktop format which is quite good for some of the betting sites. Also wireless charging is a good feature. Also reads out text via Bluetooth in the car and you can reply by talking to it which is handy.

Not had an Android phone so cant really compare but my techy son has gone with the Sony fully waterproof thing which is fine except his mates keep putting it in his beer and ringing it.

Also, Microsoft bought Nokia so updates should be pretty quick. I would think there isn't a lot to choose between most top priced phones these days, so doubt if you can make a bad choice whatever you go for.

We've recently been issued with Nokias at work. They are pretty much universally detested. That's not to say there aren't good aspects - the camera, as you say, is good - but they aren't much good for email and simple functionality like being able to answer the phone is awkward. Very short on apps too.

That's not to say there aren't good aspects - the camera, as you say, is good - but they aren't much good for email and simple functionality like being able to answer the phone is awkward. Very short on apps too.

Not sure how Leo, email, works fine. Add an icon to the home screen and tap it seems to work for me. As for answering a call, I usually tap the bit orange box with the word ANSWER in it.

Attachments

• phone.jpg
    phone.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 13
Not sure how Leo, email, works fine. Add an icon to the home screen and tap it seems to work for me. As for answering a call, I usually tap the bit orange box with the word ANSWER in it.

General keying for emails is crap - a common refrain across the office is a "for ****'s sake, that's not what I'm trying to type". Could be teething problems I guess - I'm surprised they've not made a better fist of it.

Maybe it's the settings for calls, but having to press a button twice to answer a call - that's poor

I use the word flow keyboard thing which is pretty good. But I only have to tap answer once and its answered.

Having read this thread I'm now dying to know what you got!

I've had iPhone, HTC desire hd, samsung s3 and now nokia 930 and loved them all. 930 is great display and photo also not the same as everyone else and extremely solid and well built, dropped it onto garage floor (concrete) from 5 ft the other day, not a mark on it and no problems. Functionality slightly better on s3 but as I don't play games on computers/phones can't comment on that aspect.

Last edited:
Back