• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which Player Would You Sign ?

Which Amigo do you choose ????

• Ranger

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Simpson

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Holmes

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Keep my money in my pocket (Bart)

Votes: 16 16.8%

• Total voters

Flinty

Not a member⭐
You are Blues manager with the current squad. You have Holmes, Ranger and Simpson on trial to improve the current squad. Uncle Ronald comes to you with the old ‘Good News / Bad News’ scenario. There is money available to improve the squad however only enough to sign one of the current players on trial (assuming Ranger is not signed). So who do you choose or do you tell Ronald ‘thanks but keep your money in your pocket’ !!

Isn't Holmes more an attacking midfielder, which we have plenty of, than a lead the line big lump centre forward, which we do not have

If as rumoured both Ranger and Holmes have signed then that is what I would go with- not sure which I would take ahead of the other. Ranger is probably in the position we most urgently need to address- but I think Holmes adds a lot all be it in positions where we already have cover.

I'd sign the other lad on trial at the mo Kaylen Hinds

Is Hinds definitely on trial with Southend? Hinds was a promising young player who played in the top flight in Germany with Wolfsburg but had disciplinary problems and ended being signed by Watford on his return. I believe he is now a free agent.

Impossible to say without knowing there fitness, what effect they would have on moral etc.

But if they are up to snuff and will add something then what have we got to lose by offering a contract to the end of the season with perhaps a bonus on staying up/goals.

Holmes is someone who could perhaps stay on in a coaching role if his love of the club is a real thing.

Last edited:
Hinds has a good youth academy pedigree. I signed him as a free agent on football manager a couple of years ago. Could it be written in the stars?!

Has Ron won the lottery? I would be surprised if we could afford to sign two or more new players given the financial mess we are in.

You are Blues manager with the current squad. You have Holmes, Ranger and Simpson on trial to improve the current squad. Uncle Ronald comes to you with the old ‘Good News / Bad News’ scenario. There is money available to improve the squad however only enough to sign one of the current players on trial (assuming Ranger is not signed). So who do you choose or do you tell Ronald ‘thanks but keep your money in your pocket’ !!
Whoever looks best in training, :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: COYB

Is Hinds definitely on trial with Southend? Hinds was a promising young player who played in the top flight in Germany with Wolfsburg but had disciplinary problems and ended being signed by Watford on his return. I believe he is now a free agent.
I think a lot of his football in Germany was on loan to a lower league team. I think he played one game in the cup for Watford and scored and later released. He was signed by Arsenal, in common with many youngsters, so he must have had promise but to-date a prolific goalscorer he doesn’t seem to be. But in League 2? Who knows.

I think a lot of his football in Germany was on loan to a lower league team. I think he played one game in the cup for Watford and scored and later released. He was signed by Arsenal, in common with many youngsters, so he must have had promise but to-date a prolific goalscorer he doesn’t seem to be. But in League 2? Who knows.

He played 13 games for Stevenage a couple of years ago in league two but failed to score. He has a good record at youth level for England though and for Arsenal so there must be something about him. Would actually prefer him to Jay Simpson purely because of his age.

Back