• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Which players have the talent and commitment to save us from relegation ?

CC51DAS

President
All very well blaming Ronnie Martini for being late with the wages and Tilly for a lack of tactical nouse/motivation but who from the current squad is going to display the qualities to rise above the difficulties and save us from dropping into the abyss?

Last season Dorian Dervitte and to a lesser extent Theo Robinson came in and turned our season around. First impressions suggest that this seaon's loanees will make less of an impact.

So who will rise to the challenge this time round ?

Barrett without question
Franno will give it a go

On the flip side I dont think Macca is interested any more :(

I see Franno being pretty important in this too - but not at right back - he had a mare there yesterday.Tilly could give him a more creative role and extra responsibility from set pieces.

None of them! We sold the only one in January. There is no one with a bit of magic, no one who can take that half chance and turn it into a goal and no real leaders apart from Barrett. The main problem is consistency, we have too many players who produce one good game in 5, cannot concentrate for the whole 90 mins and arent brave enough to put their foot in or try and make that extra yard.

Bizarrely, Damien Scannell seems to have become something of a key player!

I know - it's ridiculous!!

I agree, he seems to have the required fire in his belly, something the other's lack. This could be his turning point in his Southend career, if it helps endear him to the fans, some of whom are quick to get on his back.

I agree, he seems to have the required fire in his belly, something the other's lack. This could be his turning point in his Southend career, if it helps endear him to the fans, some of whom are quick to get on his back.

I have always liked Scannell and hoped he would come good. I think now is his time. He is deceptively quick, has a lot of skill and is one of those players that the ball seems to stick to.

All very well blaming Ronnie Martini for being late with the wages and Tilly for a lack of tactical nouse/motivation but who from the current squad is going to display the qualities to rise above the difficulties and save us from dropping into the abyss?

Last season Dorian Dervitte and to a lesser extent Theo Robinson came in and turned our season around. First impressions suggest that this seaon's loanees will make less of an impact.

So who will rise to the challenge this time round ?

Mildy
Barrett
Francis
Baldwin
Laurent
Watt
Macca
Moussa
Grant

....all have the talent. I have no doubt about that. In fact I believe with these players, we should be could, and hopefully will, rise further up in the table.

Of the new strikers, I believe that Spencer and Patterson, if played together(!) could be a decent strike force.

The players are there. No question. Just need a confidence boost and a few wins. This squad is too good to go down!

Talent wise I think were almost at a nil. Fight wise I think Barrett, Baldwin. Granty and maybe Christophe.....Thats about it.....

Barrett without question
Franno will give it a go

On the flip side I dont think Macca is interested any more :(

I'm worried if this is now the case and the whole FB saga suggests that it may well be. The emergence of Scannell in recent games as a potential match-winner has been a rare positive. I like what little I've seen of Spencer and hope Laurent can at least win us a few penalties. The Col Ewe boys seem up for the battle at least, so there's some hope there too. Unfortunately, we can't rely on Franno - he's our own version of the Cheshire Cat, sometimes there, sometimes not. Mildy has saved our bacon several times this season and I'm sure he's going to have to play a big part in our survival. Looking around the rest of the team, then you've got to hope that M'Voto gets properly fit and that Moose will rise to the challenge. Here's to being hopeful and hoping that Adam's great spirit will rub off on the more carefree lads. It's going to be an 'interesting' ten weeks. :unsure:

Barrett, without question.
Francis
Moussa, there is something about him telling me he loves southend :)
Grant!
Laurent
Christophe
Scannell!
Macca, hopefully :P
Spencer, love his determination and effort!

I think there's more than enough talent in this squad to keep us up. Or rather there are at least four squads in this league with less talent.

Whether there's the desire or motivation is something else.

I see Franno being pretty important in this too - but not at right back - he had a mare there yesterday.Tilly could give him a more creative role and extra responsibility from set pieces.

Francis was awful on Saturday, but it wasn't the defending aspect of the game that let him down on this occasion.

I think there's more than enough talent in this squad to keep us up. Or rather there are at least four squads in this league with less talent.

Whether there's the desire or motivation is something else.

This.

I'm worried if this is now the case and the whole FB saga suggests that it may well be. The emergence of Scannell in recent games as a potential match-winner has been a rare positive. I like what little I've seen of Spencer and hope Laurent can at least win us a few penalties. The Col Ewe boys seem up for the battle at least, so there's some hope there too. Unfortunately, we can't rely on Franno - he's our own version of the Cheshire Cat, sometimes there, sometimes not. Mildy has saved our bacon several times this season and I'm sure he's going to have to play a big part in our survival. Looking around the rest of the team, then you've got to hope that M'Voto gets properly fit and that Moose will rise to the challenge. Here's to being hopeful and hoping that Adam's great spirit will rub off on the more carefree lads. It's going to be an 'interesting' ten weeks. :unsure:

As frustrating as he seems, I think you have to weigh up how many goals his 'away days' actually COST us, against his ASSISTS and you'll find he is definately worth his place.

Back