• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which players would you want to back you up in a fight?

Which Southend player(s) would you want to back you in a fight?

• Total voters

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Picture the scene: with our squad depleted to a size not seen since our title winning season, you bring your boots along to Saturday's game.

Things go well, you come on as sub (in the 85th minute, naturally as Tilly doesn't use his subs until late) and you fire in a late hat-trick to grab a valuable point.

Naturally the players hit the town to celebrate with a few beverages (non-alcoholic in the case of Johnny Herd, who looks too young to get served) but things get a bit heated after that reserve keeper (Jack?) spills a drink on another group and Alan McCormack won't leave it alone. A fight breaks out.

Which of your new team-mates do you want backing you up in the fight?

alan mac def not the biggest but a hard ******* i reckon

The form book disagrees with you. Bailey and McCormack had a big bust up (at Tranmere?) and McCormack failed to floor Bailey, which as JFC will testify is easily done.

I considered Christophe who I feel would certainly be an asset whilst the process is in the staring it out stage as he's a big intimidating bloke to have on your shoulder, but ultimately he's gone down quite easily at times this season (ie Swindon) and when push comes to shove, I don't feel I'd be willing to rely on him.

In the absence of Scott Malone I am going to have to go for KFC.

He is basically massive and has that French temprement about him. I imagine I go shove Jack and the walk away as Jeff would do the rest.

Failing him maybe Granty but I reckon he might be one of those annoying peace maker types...

If the club this happens in has a discoball, I'd put Barratt underneath it to reflect off his head and blind the opposition.

Granty would pull a blade. (if not, he'd just bite some ankles)

Scanell would point his fingers into a pretend handgun and go brap brap brap.

Steve Mildenhall would just pick them up and choke slam anyone.

Pat Baldwin would pull an axe, the caveman.

Scott Spencer would run away and get Mr Belding.

The word on the street is, Grant's carries weapons down his tracky bottoms, and in the side of his trucker hat!

;)

That's what I saw when I saw Granty and Scannel chilling out in Nandos before a Friday night game, can't remember what game, as soon as they finished their chicken they promptly started chatting up a few birds in a nice Yellow mini!

UTB!

Jeff's at the bar chatting up the women and, true to form, Francis Laurent would talk the talk, but when it actually came to coming through he wouldn't land a single punch.

I'm going for Mildy. He's a bit of a unit and 'keepers are mental.

Went for Christophe, but if i could of voted for 3 of them, macca and mildy would of been there too. Christophe is tall, hench and genuin nutcase ;)
Macca is a hard nut! Mildy is just a beast to be honest. Hench beast

The word on the street is, Grant's carries weapons down his tracky bottoms, and in the side of his trucker hat!

;)

That's what I saw when I saw Granty and Scannel chilling out in Nandos before a Friday night game, can't remember what game, as soon as they finished their chicken they promptly started chatting up a few birds in a nice Yellow mini!

UTB!

HA! Yeah, that must of been before Norwich at home. I saw them in town too.

Christophe, just for the he "punched" bailey in the face without me seeing! that guy must be lightning fast!

Argh I forgot to pick Scannell! Isn't his nickname Tyson? The rumour is that he sparked out Macca at Boots and Laces.

Went for Christophe, but if i could of voted for 3 of them, macca and mildy would of been there too. Christophe is tall, hench and genuin nutcase ;)
Macca is a hard nut! Mildy is just a beast to be honest. Hench beast

You could have voted for 3 of them, it is multiple voting hence the "s" in which players would you want to back you up

Little Johnny Herd. It's always the small ones.

ps Jamie Stuart's a bit handy as well - as is Tes.

Sorry to disappoint you Naps, but Jamie Stuart and Tes Bramble left some time ago.

In the absence of Scott Malone I am going to have to go for KFC.

He is basically massive and has that French temprement about him. I imagine I go shove Jack and the walk away as Jeff would do the rest.

Failing him maybe Granty but I reckon he might be one of those annoying peace maker types...

In a fight you don't want someone temperamental to have your back, you want someone you can rely on. Whilst I think Barrett would be overpowered, at least I'd feel he's loyal and up for it.

Argh I forgot to pick Scannell! Isn't his nickname Tyson? The rumour is that he sparked out Macca at Boots and Laces.

Good call on Scannell actually. Might be some concerns over whether he could go the distance but he's quite stocky and I reckon would be well up for it.

It seems quite a few people have floored McCormack, but the punters are ignoring the form book and still voting for him.

Take your pick

Johnny Herd - Bizarrely, despite his small stature, he could throw a devastating punch from 30 yards away at the other side of the bar and it would still find it's mark. He'd be in trouble when cornered though as he's useless when punches are coming at him.

Mildenhall - Mr Angry, he'd definitely give you a psychological advantage. It would be annoying though when he lambasted you every time he took a jab, especially when you were on the other side of the bar picking up Mvoto.

Laurent - Debatable what he brings. He'd hit nine or ten of the opposition and look like Bruce Lee while he did it. Then he'd fall over just as he got through to the ring-leader, no damage would have been done and you're back to square one.

Francis - Even when you have the occasional technique of Van Damne, when you're blessed with the focus of Kerry Katona, you're not much good in a bar-room brawl.

Macca - He'd go in hard when the red mist came down and you'd want him on your side for his passion and anger. His punches would be hugely choreographed though and only 1 in 10 would actually find their target. He'd probably only be effective if Nicky Bailey or Kevin Maher were also there slugging it out next to him.

The French can't fight for **** so that rules out Laurent and in my mind Moussa too. I'd rather go alone - maybe with Mildy and Barrett - none of the others seem cut out for a relegation dog fight.

Back