• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ColinMorrisWalksOnWater

Assistant Head Coach⭐⭐
....on the 28th August 1979, it always reminds me of something else that happened on that fateful day. Away from that sad event in Northern Ireland, that claimed his Great Uncle's life, Louis Mountbatten.........I was on an SUFC coach travelling North to Bolton for the 1st leg league cup tie, where we famously won after going down to an early goal and then Dave Cusack gets sent off. All the normal gloom and doom of SUFC away in the cup!!

But, who else, but Colin Morris scores 2 for us and we beat a top tier team away from home in a competitive match for the first time in our history.We drew the second leg 0-0 at Roots Hall and went on the go out to West Ham after 2 replays in the next round, but whenever that sad event is mentioned, it always reminds me of that match in Bolton and how as a schoolboy I was ever more hooked on my local team.

....on the 28th August 1979, it always reminds me of something else that happened on that fateful day. Away from that sad event in Northern Ireland, that claimed his Great Uncle's life, Louis Mountbatten.........I was on an SUFC coach travelling North to Bolton for the 1st leg league cup tie, where we famously won after going down to an early goal and then Dave Cusack gets sent off. All the normal gloom and doom of SUFC away in the cup!!

But, who else, but Colin Morris scores 2 for us and we beat a top tier team away from home in a competitive match for the first time in our history.We drew the second leg 0-0 at Roots Hall and went on the go out to West Ham after 2 replays in the next round, but whenever that sad event is mentioned, it always reminds me of that match in Bolton and how as a schoolboy I was ever more hooked on my local team.

I drove up to that match. Windscreen went on the M6 on the way up and I had no money to replace it (no windscreen insurance those days IIRC). Parked in a side street near the ground and to my surprise everything was ok when I returned. Even my cassette player was still on the parcel shelf.

I drove home with my Southend scarf tied around my face and a pair of sunglasses to stop things flying in my eye. It was my girlfriend's first long-distance away match. Also her last... also the reason she is an ex-girlfriend. Still one way to sort the wheat from the chaff :)

went to both games as well,in the back of a van for the away game.Did not see many blues fans there:Thought i was going to get a "kick in" after the game...still remember what happened in Ulster,that day,very well...sad day for us,many mums lost their sons

Back