• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree, exactly the sort of guy you need at the club, fully committed, can fit in to many positions & knows how to score against Col Ewe :happy:

Agree, exactly the sort of guy you need at the club, fully committed, can fit in to many positions & knows how to score against Col Ewe :happy:
Yes,agree with all this ,but he would be totally redundant if we did go up.

Yes,agree with all this ,but he would be totally redundant if we did go up.

Played in Championship before- 46 games no, squad member who can cover a number of positions defensively yes.

Good call by PB.

That said, if I was JW I'd be considering my options given that he's only ever played this season when someone else has been injured or suspended and has been immediately replaced straight after regardless of how well he has played.

Will he sign it though? Wouldn't blame him if he didn't. Good enough to be first choice in many league one sides. Doesn't want to be playing 15 games a season at his age.

Will he sign it though? Wouldn't blame him if he didn't. Good enough to be first choice in many league one sides. Doesn't want to be playing 15 games a season at his age.

Given he is a family man and where he is based struggle to see where he would be desperate to move to- think its unlikely he will want to move, actually even more so if we go up. If Col U got promoted and we didn't then maybe but one way or another that ain't happening.

i suspect the news that Blackpool for example where keen to talk would result in a pretty rapid loss of hearing..

More than happy with this. He might not be a regular starter but White offers great cover across the back four. I guess whether he stays depends on how much he wants to be a regular starter.

Very surprised, but very happy to hear this. Excellent pro who can play anywhere across the back four (and has done in the last month !). Wouldn't be surprised if he is appointed club captain next season, with either Ferdinand or Leonard as team skipper.

Let hope john white takes the offer of a new contract he has been great when called apon as cover for ferdi And coker .

Terrific professional and great to have around the club. Always conducts himself in the right manner. No toys out the pram when not selected. Comes in and does the business. Really hope he signs.

If it's a contract as squad cover then that's great, he's shown the perfect attitude and been decent this season in various positions.

However, could we have some updates on contract issues with Atkinson, Thompson, Wordsworth, Ferdinand etc please Phil.

Still a valuable player for us, if nothing, has shown his reliability and versatility this season. I think he'll take it, all things being equal. Will always be a drop down from us, so should not be in a hurry to take that step down.

Still a valuable player for us, if nothing, has shown his reliability and versatility this season. I think he'll take it, all things being equal. Will always be a drop down from us, so should not be in a hurry to take that step down.
Well I guess it also depends on the salary and terms. Barry Corr was offered a much better deal in L2 and I guess White will be attractive to Col U and others who might be more willing to invest in him as a key first team player, more than we are with him as a squad player.

Back